Old 03-08-2010, 06:30 PM
Kristian Rink

Default lucid-pre, list view: thunar not "working" anymore on the second level?

Folks;

so far experiencing a _rather_ strange thunar behaviour in lucid.
Situation: I do have a folder "$HOME/stuff/documentation/". "stuff" also
is one of my GTK bookmarks. Here is what happens:

(1) By opening a thunar window in $HOME (i.e. using the desktop "Home"
shortcut), I can navigate into the "stuff" folder simply (as expected)
by double-clicking it. In there, then, however, double-clicking on any
file/folder doesn't do anything, anymore. Navigating through entries
using up-/down-arrow works, but selecting (in example using "enter")
doesn't work either. "Select All" using CTRL-A also doesn't work. Once
in this "state", navigating to any of the GTK shortcut folders work, but
by then the behaviour is the same in any of them.

(2) Using the GTK shortcut "Places" -> "stuff", I can navigate into
"documentation" (and any subfolder of "stuff" which wasn't possible
earlier), but, then, in there the same behaviour as in (1), only just
one folder deeper in the folder tree.

This behaviour, however, apparently only does happen while thunar being
in "list" view... Having the file manager in icons view does work as
expected. Sounds strange, but so far I am not sure how to provide better
descriptions... .xsession-errors also doesn't expose any issues. Any way
tracking this down?

TIA and all the best,
Kristian

--
Kristian Rink * http://pictorial.zimmer428.net # kawazu@jabber.org
"What was once thought can never be unthought."

Old 03-09-2010, 06:50 AM
Kristian Rink

Am 09.03.2010 07:34, schrieb Will:
> Thank god I thought it was just my system

Definitely not. And indeed, as pointed out in the xfce tracker, it
doesn't just seem to affect thunar - pcmanfm suffers from the same
problem...

K.