Old 02-17-2010, 09:44 PM
Lionel Le Folgoc

Default simple-scan by default in lucid

Hi folks,

I've just seeded simple-scan to replace xsane. From what I could see, it
seems to be much more user-friendly, and to work fine. Ubuntu already
installs it by default (it's in main, whereas xsane has been demoted to
universe in lucid, which means a very limited support…).

Of course, this can be reverted; I've only set it by default to gather
more feedback from more people (our fearless charlie-tca doesn't have a
scanner to test it :P), so feel free to react, and of course please
report bugs against 'simple-scan' when you experience some issues.
If it creates too much trouble I'll put back xsane.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Lionel

--
Lionel Le Folgoc - https://launchpad.net/~mrpouit
E61E 116D 4BA1 3936 0A33 F61D 65D9 A66E 10E2 969A

Old 02-18-2010, 06:56 PM
Vincent

I've just seeded simple-scan to replace xsane. From what I could see, it

seems to be much more user-friendly, and to work fine. Ubuntu already

installs it by default (it's in main, whereas xsane has been demoted to

universe in lucid, which means a very limited support…).

Of course, this can be reverted; I've only set it by default to gather

more feedback from more people (our fearless charlie-tca doesn't have a

scanner to test it :P), so feel free to react, and of course please

report bugs against 'simple-scan' when you experience some issues.

If it creates too much trouble I'll put back xsane.

Thanks!

Cheers,

Lionel

I don't have a scanner, but I have used Xsane in the past, and this can't really be worse in use, so it sounds good to me ;-)
--
Vincent

Old 02-18-2010, 08:02 PM
Charlie Kravetz

On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 20:56:51 +0100
Vincent <mailinglists@vinnl.nl> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 11:44 PM, Lionel Le Folgoc <mrpouit@ubuntu.com>wrote:
>
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I've just seeded simple-scan to replace xsane. From what I could see, it
> > seems to be much more user-friendly, and to work fine. Ubuntu already
> > installs it by default (it's in main, whereas xsane has been demoted to
> > universe in lucid, which means a very limited support…).
> >
> > Of course, this can be reverted; I've only set it by default to gather
> > more feedback from more people (our fearless charlie-tca doesn't have a
> > scanner to test it :P), so feel free to react, and of course please
> > report bugs against 'simple-scan' when you experience some issues.
> > If it creates too much trouble I'll put back xsane.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Lionel
> >

> I don't have a scanner, but I have used Xsane in the past, and this can't
> really be worse in use, so it sounds good to me ;-)

Now there is a confidence builder, huh?

--
Charlie Kravetz