Old 02-08-2010, 04:30 PM
Jim Campbell

Default Taking a break

Hi All,

Unfortunately, my present work situation requires that I take a break from contributing to X/Ubuntu docs.* I know that this is not an ideal time to be present this situation to Ubuntu doc team, and to the Xubuntu team, but I know it is better to let the group know now than to let things go further.

While I can't commit to providing significant content updates at this time, I can assist in getting Xubuntu docs into a workable state for Lucid (Pasi, this would include getting your nifty home page in place), and can also coordinate a hand-off (via IRC meetings or emails) to anyone who would be willing to take over maintaining Xubuntu docs.*

I've learned a lot as being a part of the doc team, and I thank you all for your time and effort in helping me and in answering my questions.* Really, you folks are great.* For now, it really is just a work situation that requires my full attention and
focus.* I hope you all understand.

Jim

P.S.* I like working on documentation, and I want to remain open to contributing to documentation efforts in the
future, but I'm not sure when that could be.* Please consider this a "see you later," rather than a goodbye.* If you have any questions for me, please let me know.*

Old 02-09-2010, 07:22 PM
"Jonathan Carter (highvoltage)"

Hi Jim

Jim Campbell wrote:
> I've learned a lot as being a part of the doc team, and I thank you all
> for your time and effort in helping me and in answering my questions.
> Really, you folks are great. For now, it really is just a work
> situation that requires my full attention and focus. I hope you all
> understand.
>
> Jim
>
> P.S. I like working on documentation, and I want to remain open to
> contributing to documentation efforts in the future, but I'm not sure
> when that could be. Please consider this a "see you later," rather than
> a goodbye. If you have any questions for me, please let me know.

You do great work so I hope your work situation improves soon! Would you
perhaps have time to draw up some to-do items of things that you were
planning on doing so that some people could do that until you're back?

-Jonathan

Old 02-09-2010, 09:31 PM
Connor Imes

Jim,
It's been nice working with you - I hope to see you around in the
future, as time permits. Good luck with work, and take it easy!
-Connor