Old 01-20-2010, 06:48 PM
Jim Campbell

Default Add Gnote as a note-taking application

Hi All,

I'd like to recommend Gnote as a note-taking application for the Xubuntu default installation.* Gnote is an actively maintained C++ ongoing fork of Tomboy.* I know that Xfce has a notes plugin, but the functionality of Gnote is much better.*

Here's information on the Lucid package: http://packages.ubuntu.com/lucid/gnote
Here's information on the software itself: http://live.gnome.org/Gnote

Commit info to show maintenance: http://git.gnome.org/browse/gnote/

I am not necessarily recommending it for the default panel installation, but just to be included.* I've used it extensively from within Xubuntu Karmic and have been very impressed with how it works.* It does not require the xfapplets plugin to appear in the notification area.

What do you think?

Jim