Old 12-23-2009, 12:37 AM
Pasi Lallinaho

Default New Xubuntu website (splitted from/was: Xubuntu team direction)

J. Anthony Limon wrote:

Pasi Lallinaho wrote:

Now, where did this discussion go?

People seemed to like the council-type approach; what's next? Anybody
has obejctions? Should we first propose this to the Community Council
(or some place else) or just take the new governance into use? Cody, can
you be our link to the other councils or whatever, as you seem to know
them best?

What's the situation with the technical team leadership? Cody, Lionel?
What's the situation with Michael? Can we remove Joszef's name from the
leaders list - he's still not appeared from the mist.

To make Lucid be as good and stable as possible, I think we also should
have a developer meeting soonish. If we can get the governance things
sorted before or while the meeting, GREAT!

Cheers,

Well I'm more than willing to help out in any way I can. In fact, I've
recently developed and deployed a Wordpress based website for a client
to familiarize myself with the Wordpress system in case you needed any help.

- J

Hey J,

I was asking about the governance side, but yes, we also need help with
actually doing things!

If you really want to be useful, make yourself familiar with the
WordPress "loop". We are probably not going to touch the PHP code a
lot, so the layout and theme is the biggest thing to worry about.

If you have any ideas or even a layout proposal, please feel free to
step up and tell us about it! Any design made by anybody would undergo
changes, so don't be afraid even if your work is not perfect/totally
finished. It is better to work together from the earlier stage and not
try to modify a complete theme.

--
Pasi Lallinaho
Xubuntu Marketing Lead

Old 12-26-2009, 01:25 AM
"J. Anthony Limon"

Pasi Lallinaho wrote:
> J. Anthony Limon wrote:
>
>> Pasi Lallinaho wrote:
>>

>>> Now, where did this discussion go?
>>>
>>> People seemed to like the council-type approach; what's next? Anybody
>>> has obejctions? Should we first propose this to the Community Council
>>> (or some place else) or just take the new governance into use? Cody, can
>>> you be our link to the other councils or whatever, as you seem to know
>>> them best?
>>>
>>> What's the situation with the technical team leadership? Cody, Lionel?
>>> What's the situation with Michael? Can we remove Joszef's name from the
>>> leaders list - he's still not appeared from the mist.
>>>
>>> To make Lucid be as good and stable as possible, I think we also should
>>> have a developer meeting soonish. If we can get the governance things
>>> sorted before or while the meeting, GREAT!
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>

>> Well I'm more than willing to help out in any way I can. In fact, I've
>> recently developed and deployed a Wordpress based website for a client
>> to familiarize myself with the Wordpress system in case you needed any help.
>>
>> - J
>>

> Hey J,
>
> I was asking about the governance side, but yes, we also need help with
> actually doing things!
>
> If you really want to be useful, make yourself familiar with the
> WordPress "loop". We are probably not going to touch the PHP code a lot,
> so the layout and theme is the biggest thing to worry about.
>
> If you have any ideas or even a layout proposal, please feel free to
> step up and tell us about it! Any design made by anybody would undergo
> changes, so don't be afraid even if your work is not perfect/totally
> finished. It is better to work together from the earlier stage and not
> try to modify a complete theme.

I do have some design ideas, I'm also looking at the various options
avaliable to us from the wordpress plugin collection that could benefit
us as well as the users. We obviously wouldn't want to add anything that
would be a security concern, or really add any headaches to maintenence.

- J

Old 12-26-2009, 01:31 AM
"J. Anthony Limon"

Old 12-28-2009, 12:07 AM
"J. Anthony Limon"

Pasi Lallinaho wrote:
> J. Anthony Limon wrote:
>> Pasi Lallinaho wrote:
>>
>>> Now, where did this discussion go?
>>>
>>> People seemed to like the council-type approach; what's next? Anybody
>>> has obejctions? Should we first propose this to the Community Council
>>> (or some place else) or just take the new governance into use? Cody, can
>>> you be our link to the other councils or whatever, as you seem to know
>>> them best?
>>>
>>> What's the situation with the technical team leadership? Cody, Lionel?
>>> What's the situation with Michael? Can we remove Joszef's name from the
>>> leaders list - he's still not appeared from the mist.
>>>
>>> To make Lucid be as good and stable as possible, I think we also should
>>> have a developer meeting soonish. If we can get the governance things
>>> sorted before or while the meeting, GREAT!
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>

>> Well I'm more than willing to help out in any way I can. In fact, I've
>> recently developed and deployed a Wordpress based website for a client
>> to familiarize myself with the Wordpress system in case you needed any help.
>>
>> - J
>>

> Hey J,
>
> I was asking about the governance side, but yes, we also need help with
> actually doing things!
>
> If you really want to be useful, make yourself familiar with the
> WordPress "loop". We are probably not going to touch the PHP code a lot,
> so the layout and theme is the biggest thing to worry about.
>
> If you have any ideas or even a layout proposal, please feel free to
> step up and tell us about it! Any design made by anybody would undergo
> changes, so don't be afraid even if your work is not perfect/totally
> finished. It is better to work together from the earlier stage and not
> try to modify a complete theme.
>
> --
> Pasi Lallinaho
> Xubuntu Marketing Lead
> Web-designer, graphic artist
> IRC: knome @ freenode

Sorry about the double reply, Thunderbird had some SMTP issues with my
multiple SMTP settings.

- J