Old 11-24-2009, 08:44 PM
Brett Murch

Default Hi everyone

Hi everyone,

I have been using xubuntu for about 2 years now. I'am starting to
program in python and ruby, slow going but I'm learning on my own so
what are you going to do? I hope to help and contribute where I can.

Running Xubuntu 9.10 on:

Toshiba L300 laptop
rtl8187b wireless
rtl816* nic
intel GM965 video chip
very broken battery hahaha.

Old 11-25-2009, 12:37 PM
Jarno Suni

How about backporting Linphone 3 to Jaunty?

http://www.iki.fi/8/

Old 11-25-2009, 05:16 PM
Pasi Lallinaho

Brett Murch wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have been using xubuntu for about 2 years now. I'am starting to
> program in python and ruby, slow going but I'm learning on my own so
> what are you going to do? I hope to help and contribute where I can.
>
> Running Xubuntu 9.10 on:
>
> Toshiba L300 laptop
> rtl8187b wireless
> rtl816* nic
> intel GM965 video chip
> very broken battery hahaha.

Hi Brett,

you can start from any task you want - there's still lots what you can
do since we are so far away from the next release. Feel free to join
#xubuntu-devel on Freenode IRC network and ask for more information and
maybe some better/more concrete starting points for
development/contribution.

As the Xubuntu development team is relatively small, any help is
appreciated.

Welcome!

--
Pasi Lallinaho