Old 11-10-2009, 10:04 AM
"Jonathan Carter (highvoltage)"

Default Xubuntu 9.10 on classmate PC

Hi Everyone

I installed Xubuntu 9.10 on a classmate PC and it runs nicely. It only
has about 1.9GB of built-in storage, so when I added swap the installer
said that the root partition was too small for installation. Without
swap the installer died while configuring locales. I removed the sleeve
to open up the device to find if I could insert a real laptop hard
drive, and found a hidden SD card expansion slot. I put an old 512MB SD
card in that I use for swap and /var, and it installed and runs quite
well now.

Xubuntu 9.10 looks really nice and congratulations and thanks to
everyone who worked on it! The xplash theme and default wallpaper (and
artwork in general) is also *much* nicer than the default Ubuntu's imho

-Jonathan