Old 11-03-2009, 01:58 PM
Kaspar Kööp

Default Congrats! 9.10 rocks

Hi guys,

9.10 has been the best experience of xubuntu to date!

Just to let you know that there is one VERY happy user here

Best to all,

Old 11-03-2009, 02:29 PM
Steve Dodier

Thanks for the message

Old 11-03-2009, 02:35 PM
Jim Campbell

Thanks, Kaspar!

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 8:58 AM, Kaspar Kööp <meborc@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi guys,

9.10 has been the best experience of xubuntu to date!

Just to let you know that there is one VERY happy user here

Best to all,

I want to give a special round of thanks to Lionel for all of his patching, packaging, and bug work, and to SiDi and Pasi for all of their comprehensive working and reworking of the artwork pieces.* Please forgive me if I'm missing some folks. The work of these folks really stands out to me on this release.

To me, the changes with upstart to speed booting, improvements to video drivers, xplash/usplash to get a nice graphical look, the metacity-free xubuntu-branded new GDM, and the gtk theme work really helped to make this a sharp, well-integrated release.* This was especially good considering that we used Xfce 4.6.1+, which was mostly the same as what we had in Jaunty.

Jim