Old 11-01-2009, 12:59 AM
"Cody A.W. Somerville"

Default Congratz on release of 9.10

Hello Xubuntu Developers and Contributors,

I'm currently on a several hour drive to my new home in Ontario - another province in* Canada - but wanted to send a quick email to everyone to thank them for the hard work they invested in helping produce Xubuntu 9.10.

I should have internet at my new residence later this week and am looking forward to reviewing what we accomplished in karmic (which was a lot) and what we want to aim for in lucid.

I imagine we're going to see some changes in our leadership in lucid or lucid+1. I think I've made a decent go as the project lead in previous releases but felt I left a lot to be desired for karmic due to my increasingly limited time. The fact that karmic turned out great anyhow I feel is an indication that its time to pass the reigns on to someone else. Regardless of what happens, I will continue to contribute to Xubuntu for the foreseeable future. I'll write more on this later.

Anyhow, once again: big thanks to everyone. Be proud and be sure to pat each other on the pack. Karmic is the best release yet and I love using it.

Cheers,

Old 11-05-2009, 07:46 PM
Vincent

[...]

*Took me a while to reply, but anyway... I want to thank you for the great work you've done for Xubuntu. It's unfortunate that you don't think you can continue your role as project lead but it sure is appreciated what you have done for the project hitherto. Furthermore I want to thank everybody else who's worked to make this release another great release, because it's great indeed - the many thankyou emails and messages on IRC prove it is. Can't wait for Lucid

--
Vincent

Old 11-06-2009, 08:47 AM
Reinhard Seifert

Hello Xubuntu Community,

YES! Xubuntu Karmic is great! I love it! Just want to say this as a
feedback to the developers.

Artwork just beautiful, Desktop crisp and responsive, all extrakeys
(Volume control, etc..) work out of the box on my Lenovo X61
workhorse.

This is the best OS I had EVER and I am saying this as a
Windows/OSX-heretic quite new to Linux/X-Ubuntu.

Maybe I could even contribute some day. But I am more into
mathematics/statistics, bit SQL and basic BASH (since Xubuntu )

Keep it up,
and tons of "pads on the pack"
Reinhard