Old 02-26-2009, 06:00 PM
Bruno Diaz

Default Problems with Xfce 4 panel desktop

Hi,

we are migrating to Xubuntu with the computers of our marine biology center. During the last days we have some problems regarding the Xfce4 panel, maybe is a lack of knowledge (we are new with Xubuntu) but we don't know how to resolve this bug...

The situation is that in two of our computers (with a time distance of some days) the Xfce panel has disappeared. From the Settings manager it is not possible launch the panel because the Panel button does not work!, we tried to restart the xfce4 from the terminal but reappears without some launchers and the Quit button does not work! We try to shut down the computer and only appears if we want to Exit the XFce panel. The only solutions was to create a new user with a new desktop.

We were thinking if this "problem" is due to the presence of compositor on this computers.

Many thanks for
your help, *
*
Bruno Diaz Lopez
Chief Researcher / Marine Zoologist
Bottlenose Dolphin Research Institute BDRI
V.Armando Diaz Nș4 07020 Golfo Aranci (SS) Italy
www.thebdri.com
info@thebdri.com*
tel.+ 39 346 081 5414
tel. + 0789 183 1197