Old 02-10-2009, 09:44 PM
Jim Campbell

Default 9.04 Feature Freeze - coming soon

Hi All,

I saw this on the mailing list that serves as a feeder for Ubuntu Weekly News updates, and thought I'd pass it along.

"3) new packages:

* We'll take a harder policy in regrads to NEW this time, so bring in your

* pet package before FF, otherwise we'll just say NO!"

Feature freeze is set for 00:00 on February 19th, so please be sure to submit anything before then if you want it to be included in Xubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty Jackalope).

Jim

Old 02-10-2009, 10:11 PM
Charlie Kravetz

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 16:44:34 -0600
Jim Campbell <jwcampbell@ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I saw this on the mailing list that serves as a feeder for Ubuntu
> Weekly News updates, and thought I'd pass it along.
>
> "3) new packages:
> We'll take a harder policy in regrads to NEW this time, so bring in
> your pet package before FF, otherwise we'll just say NO!"
>
> Feature freeze is set for 00:00 on February 19th, so please be sure to
> submit anything before then if you want it to be included in Xubuntu
> 9.04 (Jaunty Jackalope).
>
> Jim

I would really, really like to see AbiWord 2.6.6 in Jaunty instead of
2.6.4. There are quite a few bug fixes involved.

--
Charlie Kravetz

Old 02-11-2009, 05:30 AM
Ed Hewitt

I would agree with Charlie. Abiword 2.6.6 must be included. 2.6.4 contains alot of bugs, ones which affect the user experience of the entire application.

Linux Registered User Number 425914 * * * * *[http://counter.li.org/]

Never let anyone steal your DREAM. * * * * * [http://keepingdreams.com]

www.edhewitt.co.uk

Old 02-11-2009, 02:34 PM
Charlie Kravetz

On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 06:30:48 +0000
Ed Hewitt <edwardahewitt@googlemail.com> wrote:

> I would agree with Charlie. Abiword 2.6.6 must be included. 2.6.4
> contains alot of bugs, ones which affect the user experience of the
> entire application.
>
> 2009/2/10 Charlie Kravetz <cjk@teamcharliesangels.com>
>
> > On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 16:44:34 -0600
> > Jim Campbell <jwcampbell@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > I saw this on the mailing list that serves as a feeder for Ubuntu
> > > Weekly News updates, and thought I'd pass it along.
> > >
> > > "3) new packages:
> > > We'll take a harder policy in regrads to NEW this time, so
> > > bring in your pet package before FF, otherwise we'll just say NO!"
> > >
> > > Feature freeze is set for 00:00 on February 19th, so please be
> > > sure to submit anything before then if you want it to be included
> > > in Xubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty Jackalope).
> > >
> > > Jim
> >
> > I would really, really like to see AbiWord 2.6.6 in Jaunty instead
> > of 2.6.4. There are quite a few bug fixes involved.
> >
> > --
> > Charlie Kravetz
> > Linux Registered User Number 425914
> > [http://counter.li.org/] Never let anyone steal your
> > DREAM. [http://keepingdreams.com]
> >
> > --

Sorry for the noise, I see it is not going to happen.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/abiword/+bug/318444

--
Charlie Kravetz

Old 02-11-2009, 02:37 PM
"Cody A.W. Somerville"

Hi,

Sorry for the noise, I see it is not going to happen.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/abiword/+bug/318444
The decline for Jaunty task doesn't mean it won't happen.

Cheers,
--
Cody A.W. Somerville
Software Systems Release Engineer

Old 02-11-2009, 10:21 PM
Marko Oreskovic

Jim Campbell wrote:
> Feature freeze is set for 00:00 on February 19th, so please be sure to
> submit anything before then if you want it to be included in Xubuntu
> 9.04 (Jaunty Jackalope).

Maybe LoCo`s should be informed about this etc.
I posted message about this on our local Loco and I think we will Blog
entry for this, also.

Old 02-18-2009, 11:39 AM
Jim Campbell

I would really, really like to see AbiWord 2.6.6 in Jaunty instead of

2.6.4. There are quite a few bug fixes involved.

--

Charlie Kravetz

2.6.6-0ubuntu1

Published
in
jaunty-release

1 hour ago

abiword (2.6.6-0ubuntu1) jaunty; urgency=low

* New upstream release.
(LP: #318444, #300538, #297137, #117064, #215845,

#191194)
* debian/patches:
- drop 03_nosmoothscroll_default, not needed anymore.
- drop 05_create_and_edit_styles_crash.dpatch and

05_print_preview_crasher, integrated upstream.
- update the other patches for the new release.
- update 00list.
* debian/rules, debian/abiword.links, misc/,
debian/abiword.manpages: remove the stuff about abw2html.pl,

as it does not exist anymore.
* debian/rules: the documentation was not symlinked to the correct
place. Will be forwarded to Debian (LP: #304046, #74623)

* debian/patches:
- add 01_fix_select_revision.dpatch from upstream svn. (LP: #319067)
- 00list: updated.

-- Jerome Guelfucci <*jerome.guelfucci@gmail.com> Mon, 16 Feb 2009 18:45:15 +0100

*Thanks, Jerome!!* =)