Old 02-02-2009, 05:45 PM
Charlie Kravetz

Default Xubuntu Testing Team - Jaunty Alpha4

WARNING: Jaunty is NOT RELEASED and NOT SUPPORTED, it will most certainly break your system in bad ways.

On 02-05-2009, we are scheduled to release the Jaunty Jackalope Alpha4 image. To insure this is the best release possible, and to catch as many bugs as possible early in the release cycle, we should get as many tests as we can. To see what this is about, check out https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Testing/TestingInfo .

Testing for the alph4 release normally can begin when the qa tracker allows the results to be reported. Start watching at http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/build/xubuntu/all to see when we can report testing results. At least 5 reports for each test listed is highly desired. This will help greatly to insure the Xubuntu Jaunty release is the best yet.

A point to keep in mind for all the Xubuntu Testing Team members, the iso images can change several times a day when we are testing the alpha4 candidate. If you reported results, and when you go to check later they are missing, the image may have changed and needs to be tested again. This happened many times prior to the Alpha3 release.

I am available on irc.freenode.net, #xubuntu, for any questions. My IRC nick is charlie-tca.

WARNING: Jaunty is NOT RELEASED and NOT SUPPORTED, it will most certainly break your system in bad ways.

--
Charlie Kravetz

Old 02-02-2009, 05:58 PM
Charlie Kravetz

On Mon, 2 Feb 2009 11:48:33 -0700
Charlie Kravetz <cjk@teamcharliesangels.com> wrote:

> WARNING: Jaunty is NOT RELEASED and NOT SUPPORTED, it will most
> certainly break your system in bad ways.
>
> On 02-05-2009, we are scheduled to release the Jaunty Jackalope
> Alpha4 image. To insure this is the best release possible, and to
> catch as many bugs as possible early in the release cycle, we should
> get as many tests as we can. To see what this is about, check out
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Testing/TestingInfo .
>
> Testing for the alph4 release normally can begin when the qa tracker
> allows the results to be reported. Start watching at
> http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/build/xubuntu/all to see when we
> can report testing results. At least 5 reports for each test listed
> is highly desired. This will help greatly to insure the Xubuntu
> Jaunty release is the best yet.
>
> A point to keep in mind for all the Xubuntu Testing Team members, the
> iso images can change several times a day when we are testing the
> alpha4 candidate. If you reported results, and when you go to check
> later they are missing, the image may have changed and needs to be
> tested again. This happened many times prior to the Alpha3 release.
>
> I am available on irc.freenode.net, #xubuntu, for any questions. My
> IRC nick is charlie-tca.
>
> WARNING: Jaunty is NOT RELEASED and NOT SUPPORTED, it will most
> certainly break your system in bad ways.

It has been pointed out that I may have gotten the date confused. It is
the 5th of February. 2009-02-05

--
Charlie Kravetz

Old 02-04-2009, 11:38 PM
Charlie Kravetz

On Mon, 2 Feb 2009 11:45:26 -0700
Charlie Kravetz <cjk@teamcharliesangels.com> wrote:

> WARNING: Jaunty is NOT RELEASED and NOT SUPPORTED, it will most
> certainly break your system in bad ways.
>
> On 02-05-2009, we are scheduled to release the Jaunty Jackalope
> Alpha4 image. To insure this is the best release possible, and to
> catch as many bugs as possible early in the release cycle, we should
> get as many tests as we can. To see what this is about, check out
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Testing/TestingInfo .
>
> Testing for the alph4 release normally can begin when the qa tracker
> allows the results to be reported. Start watching at
> http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/build/xubuntu/all to see when we
> can report testing results. At least 5 reports for each test listed
> is highly desired. This will help greatly to insure the Xubuntu
> Jaunty release is the best yet.
>
> A point to keep in mind for all the Xubuntu Testing Team members, the
> iso images can change several times a day when we are testing the
> alpha4 candidate. If you reported results, and when you go to check
> later they are missing, the image may have changed and needs to be
> tested again. This happened many times prior to the Alpha3 release.
>
> I am available on irc.freenode.net, #xubuntu, for any questions. My
> IRC nick is charlie-tca.
>
> WARNING: Jaunty is NOT RELEASED and NOT SUPPORTED, it will most
> certainly break your system in bad ways.

The ISO images are ready for testing for Alpha4 release candidate.
There is a problem with the Applications Menu due to including Xfce
4.6. When the menu disappears, just right-click the panel, left-click
"Add new items...", left-click "Xfce Menu", left-click 'Add'. This adds
the menu back, named Xfce Menu. Continue testing.

Thanks for helping improve Xubuntu.

--
Charlie Kravetz

Old 02-04-2009, 11:38 PM
Charlie Kravetz

On Mon, 2 Feb 2009 11:48:33 -0700
Charlie Kravetz <cjk@teamcharliesangels.com> wrote:

> WARNING: Jaunty is NOT RELEASED and NOT SUPPORTED, it will most
> certainly break your system in bad ways.
>
> On 02-05-2009, we are scheduled to release the Jaunty Jackalope
> Alpha4 image. To insure this is the best release possible, and to
> catch as many bugs as possible early in the release cycle, we should
> get as many tests as we can. To see what this is about, check out
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Testing/TestingInfo .
>
> Testing for the alph4 release normally can begin when the qa tracker
> allows the results to be reported. Start watching at
> http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/build/xubuntu/all to see when we
> can report testing results. At least 5 reports for each test listed
> is highly desired. This will help greatly to insure the Xubuntu
> Jaunty release is the best yet.
>
> A point to keep in mind for all the Xubuntu Testing Team members, the
> iso images can change several times a day when we are testing the
> alpha4 candidate. If you reported results, and when you go to check
> later they are missing, the image may have changed and needs to be
> tested again. This happened many times prior to the Alpha3 release.
>
> I am available on irc.freenode.net, #xubuntu, for any questions. My
> IRC nick is charlie-tca.
>
> WARNING: Jaunty is NOT RELEASED and NOT SUPPORTED, it will most
> certainly break your system in bad ways.

The ISO images are ready for testing for Alpha4 release candidate.
There is a problem with the Applications Menu due to including Xfce
4.6. When the menu disappears, just right-click the panel, left-click
"Add new items...", left-click "Xfce Menu", leftThe ISO images are
ready for testing for Alpha4 release candidate. There is a problem with
the Applications Menu due to including Xfce 4.6. When the menu
disappears, just right-click the panel, left-click "Add new items...",
left-click "Xfce Menu", left-click 'Add'. This adds the menu back,
named Xfce Menu. Continue testing. -click 'Add'. This adds

Old 02-06-2009, 12:18 PM
Vincent

> WARNING: *Jaunty is NOT RELEASED and NOT SUPPORTED, it will most

> certainly break your system in bad ways.

> On 02-05-2009, we are scheduled to release the Jaunty Jackalope

> Alpha4 image. To insure this is the best release possible, and to

> catch as many bugs as possible early in the release cycle, we should

> get as many tests as we can. To see what this is about, check out

> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Testing/TestingInfo .

> Testing for the alph4 release normally can begin when the qa tracker

> allows the results to be reported. Start watching at

> http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/build/xubuntu/all to see when we

> can report testing results. At least 5 reports for each test listed

> is highly desired. This will help greatly to insure the Xubuntu

> Jaunty release is the best yet.

> A point to keep in mind for all the Xubuntu Testing Team members, the

> iso images can change several times a day when we are testing the

> alpha4 candidate. If you reported results, and when you go to check

> later they are missing, the image may have changed and needs to be

> tested again. This happened many times prior to the Alpha3 release.

> I am available on irc.freenode.net, #xubuntu, for any questions. My

> IRC nick is charlie-tca.

> WARNING: Jaunty is NOT RELEASED and NOT SUPPORTED, it will most

> certainly break your system in bad ways.

The ISO images are ready for testing for Alpha4 release candidate.

There is a problem with the Applications Menu due to including Xfce

4.6. When the menu disappears, just right-click the panel, left-click

"Add new items...", left-click "Xfce Menu", left-click 'Add'. This adds

the menu back, named Xfce Menu. Continue testing.

Thanks for helping improve Xubuntu.

--

Charlie Kravetz*Is it correct that we can just download the daily images for this?

Old 02-06-2009, 02:01 PM
Charlie Kravetz

On Fri, 6 Feb 2009 14:18:47 +0100
Vincent <mailinglists@vinnl.nl> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 1:38 AM, Charlie Kravetz
> <cjk@teamcharliesangels.com>wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 2 Feb 2009 11:45:26 -0700
> > Charlie Kravetz <cjk@teamcharliesangels.com> wrote:
> >
> > > WARNING: Jaunty is NOT RELEASED and NOT SUPPORTED, it will most
> > > certainly break your system in bad ways.
> > >
> > > On 02-05-2009, we are scheduled to release the Jaunty Jackalope
> > > Alpha4 image. To insure this is the best release possible, and to
> > > catch as many bugs as possible early in the release cycle, we
> > > should get as many tests as we can. To see what this is about,
> > > check out https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Testing/TestingInfo .
> > >
> > > Testing for the alph4 release normally can begin when the qa
> > > tracker allows the results to be reported. Start watching at
> > > http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/build/xubuntu/all to see when
> > > we can report testing results. At least 5 reports for each test
> > > listed is highly desired. This will help greatly to insure the
> > > Xubuntu Jaunty release is the best yet.
> > >
> > > A point to keep in mind for all the Xubuntu Testing Team members,
> > > the iso images can change several times a day when we are testing
> > > the alpha4 candidate. If you reported results, and when you go to
> > > check later they are missing, the image may have changed and
> > > needs to be tested again. This happened many times prior to the
> > > Alpha3 release.
> > >
> > > I am available on irc.freenode.net, #xubuntu, for any questions.
> > > My IRC nick is charlie-tca.
> > >
> > > WARNING: Jaunty is NOT RELEASED and NOT SUPPORTED, it will most
> > > certainly break your system in bad ways.
> > >

> > The ISO images are ready for testing for Alpha4 release candidate.
> > There is a problem with the Applications Menu due to including Xfce
> > 4.6. When the menu disappears, just right-click the panel,
> > left-click "Add new items...", left-click "Xfce Menu", left-click
> > 'Add'. This adds the menu back, named Xfce Menu. Continue testing.
> >
> > Thanks for helping improve Xubuntu.
> >
> > --
> > Charlie Kravetz
> >

> Is it correct that we can just download the daily images for this?

Yes, as long as they are for the correct day. Any image after the 4th
has the changes made prior included in it. But the release image is
built based on the release candidate.

Today is 2009-02-06, so the image for today is not the same image
released as Alpha4.

Thanks.

--
Charlie Kravetz

Old 02-06-2009, 02:03 PM
Vincent

> On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 1:38 AM, Charlie Kravetz

> <cjk@teamcharliesangels.com>wrote:

> > On Mon, 2 Feb 2009 11:45:26 -0700

> > Charlie Kravetz <cjk@teamcharliesangels.com> wrote:

> > > WARNING: *Jaunty is NOT RELEASED and NOT SUPPORTED, it will most

> > > certainly break your system in bad ways.

> > > On 02-05-2009, we are scheduled to release the Jaunty Jackalope

> > > Alpha4 image. To insure this is the best release possible, and to

> > > catch as many bugs as possible early in the release cycle, we

> > > should get as many tests as we can. To see what this is about,

> > > check out https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Testing/TestingInfo .

> > > Testing for the alph4 release normally can begin when the qa

> > > tracker allows the results to be reported. Start watching at

> > > http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/build/xubuntu/all to see when

> > > we can report testing results. At least 5 reports for each test

> > > listed is highly desired. This will help greatly to insure the

> > > Xubuntu Jaunty release is the best yet.

> > > A point to keep in mind for all the Xubuntu Testing Team members,

> > > the iso images can change several times a day when we are testing

> > > the alpha4 candidate. If you reported results, and when you go to

> > > check later they are missing, the image may have changed and

> > > needs to be tested again. This happened many times prior to the

> > > Alpha3 release.

> > > I am available on irc.freenode.net, #xubuntu, for any questions.

> > > My IRC nick is charlie-tca.

> > > WARNING: Jaunty is NOT RELEASED and NOT SUPPORTED, it will most

> > > certainly break your system in bad ways.

> > The ISO images are ready for testing for Alpha4 release candidate.

> > There is a problem with the Applications Menu due to including Xfce

> > 4.6. When the menu disappears, just right-click the panel,

> > left-click "Add new items...", left-click "Xfce Menu", left-click

> > 'Add'. This adds the menu back, named Xfce Menu. Continue testing.

> > Thanks for helping improve Xubuntu.

> > --

> > Charlie Kravetz

> Is it correct that we can just download the daily images for this?

Yes, as long as they are for the correct day. Any image after the 4th

has the changes made prior included in it. But the release image is

built based on the release candidate.

Today is 2009-02-06, so the image for today is not the same image

released as Alpha4.

Thanks.
Ah, alpha 4 was already released. Sorry, I wasn't paying attention.
--
Vincent