Old 01-06-2009, 09:34 PM
Charlie Kravetz

Default Daily cd testing

Having downloaded and ran the daily images, I find the following bugs:

Xubuntu Jaunty 9.04 guided-use entire disk install does not see
existing /swap on any disk
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/debian-installer/+bug/311299

can not eject cd using hardware tray open button
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/exo/+bug/309230

Listen does not open .mp3 files by clicking on them
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/listen/+bug/312762
Xubuntu Jaunty 9.04 guided-use entire disk install does not see
existing /swap on any disk
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/debian-installer/+bug/311299

can not eject cd using hardware tray open button
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/exo/+bug/309230

Listen does not open .mp3 files by clicking on them
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/listen/+bug/312762

Xubuntu CDs missing universe
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/livecd-rootfs/+bug/313365

firefox crashed with signal 7 in Jaunty daily-live 01-06-2009
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox-3.0/+bug/314531

ubiquity crashed with KeyError in partman_edit_dialog() Jaunty
daily-live ISO
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bug/314534

Xubuntu CDs missing universe
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/livecd-rootfs/+bug/313365

firefox crashed with signal 7 in Jaunty daily-live 01-06-2009
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox-3.0/+bug/314531

ubiquity crashed with KeyError in partman_edit_dialog() Jaunty
daily-live ISO
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bug/314534

It would be good if any other tester could confirm these as they are
all in Jaunty as of 01-06-2009

--
Charlie Kravetz

Old 01-07-2009, 07:49 AM
Dave Morley

On Tue, 2009-01-06 at 15:34 -0700, Charlie Kravetz wrote:
> Having downloaded and ran the daily images, I find the following bugs:
>
> Xubuntu Jaunty 9.04 guided-use entire disk install does not see
> existing /swap on any disk
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/debian-installer/+bug/311299
>

> can not eject cd using hardware tray open button
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/exo/+bug/309230
>

> Listen does not open .mp3 files by clicking on them
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/listen/+bug/312762
> Xubuntu Jaunty 9.04 guided-use entire disk install does not see
> existing /swap on any disk
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/debian-installer/+bug/311299
>

> can not eject cd using hardware tray open button
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/exo/+bug/309230
>

> Listen does not open .mp3 files by clicking on them
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/listen/+bug/312762
>

> Xubuntu CDs missing universe
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/livecd-rootfs/+bug/313365
>

> firefox crashed with signal 7 in Jaunty daily-live 01-06-2009
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox-3.0/+bug/314531
>

> ubiquity crashed with KeyError in partman_edit_dialog() Jaunty
> daily-live ISO
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bug/314534
>
> Xubuntu CDs missing universe
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/livecd-rootfs/+bug/313365
>

> firefox crashed with signal 7 in Jaunty daily-live 01-06-2009
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox-3.0/+bug/314531
>

> ubiquity crashed with KeyError in partman_edit_dialog() Jaunty
> daily-live ISO
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bug/314534
>
> It would be good if any other tester could confirm these as they are
> all in Jaunty as of 01-06-2009

Charlie any reason for the repeats?

I'm starting general smoketesting today so I'll check. If I were you
though I'd let cjwatson/evand on #ubuntu-installer know about the
ubiquity issue although it may already be fixed.
--
Seek That Thy Might Know

http://www.davmor2.co.uk