-   -   evince / xpdf (http://www.linux-archive.org/xubuntu-development/215615-evince-xpdf.html)

Michael Schemer Ii 12-20-2008 09:42 PM

evince / xpdf

Martin,

While I am not one of the developers for or a maintainer for Xubuntu,
I offer you my perspective as a user.
From a purely aesthetic standpoint, evince blends better with the GTK
look and feel of XFCE, more so than xpdf, which has an older looking
basic X look and feel.

Honestly, having just now tried to open a 14+MB PDF file in both, xpdf
is much faster. However, evince feels more natural and a part of the
environment.

Michael