Old 12-19-2008, 04:19 PM
"Jim Campbell"

Default Want to contribute to - Xubuntu Documentation Browser

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 10:50, Cody A.W. Somerville <cody-somerville@ubuntu.com> wrote:

I've received the following interesting e-mail.

Jannis: Do you think you could follow up with Dinesh? I think a light weight "xfce4 documentation browser" would be beneficial to everyone instead of having to launch firefox or some other web browser.

Cheers,

Cody and Jannis, I would be curious to know how development of a xubuntu-doc-browser would result in us not using yelp to display Xubuntu docs for the 9.04 release.* I have scripts together to adapt the Ubuntu docs to Xubuntu, but if this xubuntu-doc-browser can display ghelp links, we would have no problem.*

Per my discussions with Jannis on the phone at UDS, we could modify xfhelp4 to launch yelp, launching any xfce docs in yelp.

Jim