-   -   Xubuntu team meetings (http://www.linux-archive.org/xubuntu-development/204251-xubuntu-team-meetings.html)

"Jim Campbell" 12-02-2008 06:02 PM

Xubuntu team meetings

Hi All,

With UDS coming up in the next week, and Alpha 1 already out the door, I thought it would be good to have a team meeting to discuss plans and goals for 9.04.* It might come as a surprise for me to bring this up, given that I was absent for much of the last release cycle, but I do anticipate being able to contribute regularly during this cycle, and it would be good to have our goals and awesome ideas out in plain view (i.e., spray painted on a wall).* Or, we could put our ideas into blueprints, specifications, and wikis.

Best,

Jim

Pasi Lallinaho 12-02-2008 08:28 PM

Xubuntu team meetings

Jim Campbell wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> With UDS coming up in the next week, and Alpha 1 already out the door,
> I thought it would be good to have a team meeting to discuss plans and
> goals for 9.04. It might come as a surprise for me to bring this up,
> given that I was absent for much of the last release cycle, but I do
> anticipate being able to contribute regularly during this cycle, and
> it would be good to have our goals and awesome ideas out in plain view
> (i.e., spray painted on a wall). Or, we could put our ideas into
> blueprints, specifications, and wikis.
>
> Best,
>
> Jim

Hi Jim and fellow contributors,

I suppose the meeting should be tomorrow if we're planning to keep it
before UDS/FOSSCamp. Many people have flights on Thursday and if I am
correct Cody will fly there already tomorrow.

I suppose we could also have yet a new blueprint (!) for UDS for this
meeting and then just arrange it so that everybody could join at least
with somehow. We need to consult Cody for that, though.

Another option is to keep it at evening (SFO TZ) parallel to UDS @ IRC.

Please let me know what would you like the best.

Cheers and see some of you at UDS,

--
Pasi Lallinaho
Xubuntu Marketing Lead

Vincent 12-03-2008 07:38 AM

Xubuntu team meetings

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 10:28 PM, Pasi Lallinaho <open@knome.fi> wrote:

Jim Campbell wrote:

> Hi All,

> With UDS coming up in the next week, and Alpha 1 already out the door,

> I thought it would be good to have a team meeting to discuss plans and

> goals for 9.04. *It might come as a surprise for me to bring this up,

> given that I was absent for much of the last release cycle, but I do

> anticipate being able to contribute regularly during this cycle, and

> it would be good to have our goals and awesome ideas out in plain view

> (i.e., spray painted on a wall). *Or, we could put our ideas into

> blueprints, specifications, and wikis.

> Best,

> Jim

Hi Jim and fellow contributors,

I suppose the meeting should be tomorrow if we're planning to keep it

before UDS/FOSSCamp. Many people have flights on Thursday and if I am

correct Cody will fly there already tomorrow.

I suppose we could also have yet a new blueprint (!) for UDS for this

meeting and then just arrange it so that everybody could join at least

with somehow. We need to consult Cody for that, though.

Another option is to keep it at evening (SFO TZ) parallel to UDS @ IRC.

Please let me know what would you like the best.

Cheers and see some of you at UDS,

*Today suits me fine (though I might arrive late and have to pop out a little bit during the meeting), thought it'd also be nice to be able to chat with the people at UDS while here at home. ;-) Though then again, I suppose most people will also be on #xubuntu-devel on IRC when they can?

--
Vincent