FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor


 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 11-24-2008, 03:57 PM
Michele Mor
 
Default Guest Account

Hi.
Quick question for Xubuntu developer.
I thought that the new feature in 8.10 "Guest Account" was brilliant ,
therefore I was very disappointed when I found out that it is not
present in Xubuntu.

Why has not been included?

Is there any plan to include it in the next release (or maybe even earlier)?

Thanks.

Michele




--
xubuntu-devel mailing list
xubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/xubuntu-devel
 
Old 11-24-2008, 04:19 PM
"Cody A.W. Somerville"
 
Default Guest Account

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 12:57 PM, Michele Mor <m_mor@mail15.com> wrote:

Hi.

Quick question for Xubuntu developer.

I thought that the new feature in 8.10 "Guest Account" was brilliant ,

therefore I was very disappointed when I found out that it is not

present in Xubuntu.



Why has not been *included?



Is there any plan to include it in the next release (or maybe even earlier)?
There is no user switcher applet for Xfce so we'd have to figure out some other mechanism of activating the guest gdm session.

*



Thanks.



Michele









--

xubuntu-devel mailing list

xubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com

https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/xubuntu-devel



--
Cody A.W. Somerville
Software Systems Release Engineer
Custom Engineering Solutions Group
Canonical OEM Services
Cell: 506-449-5899
Email: cody.somerville@canonical.com


--
xubuntu-devel mailing list
xubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/xubuntu-devel
 
Old 11-24-2008, 09:14 PM
Vincent
 
Default Guest Account

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 6:19 PM, Cody A.W. Somerville <cody-somerville@ubuntu.com> wrote:



On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 12:57 PM, Michele Mor <m_mor@mail15.com> wrote:


Hi.

Quick question for Xubuntu developer.

I thought that the new feature in 8.10 "Guest Account" was brilliant ,

therefore I was very disappointed when I found out that it is not

present in Xubuntu.



Why has not been *included?



Is there any plan to include it in the next release (or maybe even earlier)?
There is no user switcher applet for Xfce so we'd have to figure out some other mechanism of activating the guest gdm session.


*



Thanks.



Michele






That said, you might be able to use the GNOME Panel applet using the xfapplet panel plugin. Haven't tried it, though
--
Vincent

--
xubuntu-devel mailing list
xubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/xubuntu-devel
 
Old 11-24-2008, 10:32 PM
"Arthur Johnson"
 
Default Guest Account

I have both ubuntu-desktop and xubuntu-desktop installed, and I can confirm that adding the user switcher to Xfpanel through the xfce4-xfapplet-plugin works for switching to the guest account.


On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 5:14 PM, Vincent <mailinglists@vinnl.nl> wrote:



On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 6:19 PM, Cody A.W. Somerville <cody-somerville@ubuntu.com> wrote:




On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 12:57 PM, Michele Mor <m_mor@mail15.com> wrote:



Hi.

Quick question for Xubuntu developer.

I thought that the new feature in 8.10 "Guest Account" was brilliant ,

therefore I was very disappointed when I found out that it is not

present in Xubuntu.



Why has not been *included?



Is there any plan to include it in the next release (or maybe even earlier)?
There is no user switcher applet for Xfce so we'd have to figure out some other mechanism of activating the guest gdm session.



*



Thanks.



Michele






That said, you might be able to use the GNOME Panel applet using the xfapplet panel plugin. Haven't tried it, though
--
Vincent



--

xubuntu-devel mailing list

xubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com

https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/xubuntu-devel




--
xubuntu-devel mailing list
xubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/xubuntu-devel
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:51 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org