-   -   Guest Account (http://www.linux-archive.org/xubuntu-development/198973-guest-account.html)

Michele Mor 11-24-2008 03:57 PM

Guest Account

Hi.
Quick question for Xubuntu developer.
I thought that the new feature in 8.10 "Guest Account" was brilliant ,
therefore I was very disappointed when I found out that it is not
present in Xubuntu.

Why has not been included?

Is there any plan to include it in the next release (or maybe even earlier)?

Thanks.

Michele

"Cody A.W. Somerville" 11-24-2008 04:19 PM

Guest Account

I thought that the new feature in 8.10 "Guest Account" was brilliant ,

therefore I was very disappointed when I found out that it is not

present in Xubuntu.

Why has not been *included?

Is there any plan to include it in the next release (or maybe even earlier)?
There is no user switcher applet for Xfce so we'd have to figure out some other mechanism of activating the guest gdm session.

*

Thanks.

Michele

Cody A.W. Somerville
Software Systems Release Engineer
Custom Engineering Solutions Group
Canonical OEM Services
Cell: 506-449-5899
Email: cody.somerville@canonical.com

Vincent 11-24-2008 09:14 PM

Guest Account

I thought that the new feature in 8.10 "Guest Account" was brilliant ,

therefore I was very disappointed when I found out that it is not

present in Xubuntu.

Why has not been *included?

Is there any plan to include it in the next release (or maybe even earlier)?
There is no user switcher applet for Xfce so we'd have to figure out some other mechanism of activating the guest gdm session.

*

Thanks.

Michele

That said, you might be able to use the GNOME Panel applet using the xfapplet panel plugin. Haven't tried it, though :)
--
Vincent