Old 11-08-2008, 06:28 AM
vinay makhamale

Default Touch Screen calibration problem on Ubuntu 8.10

* I m vinay I have Kohjinsha SH8** for
my regular use ... I am trying to install ubuntu 8.10 ,but
i* am not able to get exact position when i using styles for my screen . their must be a problem regarding the calibration...** when i touch the screen the mouse pointer is not exactly below the touch part*
I think you got my problem
please kindly revert my question..........
thanks

Get perfect Email ID for your Resume. Get before others grab.--
xubuntu-devel mailing list
xubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com

Old 11-09-2008, 09:28 AM
Marko Oreskovic

vinay makhamale wrote:
> <mailto:xubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com> I m vinay
> <mailto:xfce4-dev@xfce.org>
>
> I have Kohjinsha SH8 for my regular use ... I am trying to install
> ubuntu 8.10 ,but <mailto:xfce4-dev@xfce.org>
> i am not able to get exact position when i using styles for my screen .
> their must be a problem regarding the calibration...

I found a tutorial for 8.10 regarding wizardpen driver
that includes calibrate section:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/TabletSetupWizardpen#Calibration
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/TabletSetup

Since you already have your touchscreen working, I gues that
calibration is only needed, providing that That drive ris used.

Also, this kind of questions should go to Xubuntu-users mail list.
xubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Old 11-09-2008, 03:00 PM
Loïc Martin

vinay makhamale a écrit :
> I m vinay
>
> I have Kohjinsha SH8 for
> my regular use ... I am trying to install ubuntu 8.10 ,but
> i am not able to get exact position when i using styles for my screen . their must be a problem regarding the calibration... when i touch the screen the mouse pointer is not exactly below the touch part
>
> I think you got my problem
> please kindly revert my question..........
> thanks
>

> Get rid of Add-Ons in your email ID. Get yourname@rocketmail.com. Sign up now! http://in.promos.yahoo.com/address

Please don't send the same emails to more than one list. Basically
you'll send this kind of question to ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

If your Tablet PC is using wacom technologies - check with

lshal | grep Wacom

Then you'll have to use Option B) in the guide at
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Wacom

However, it's not for the faint of heart.

If you don't have a second screen connected, you will then be able to
calibrate your Tablet with the command

wacomcpl

Choose stylus, then Calibrate.

If you're not using this kind of Tablet, someone else might help you.

Cheers,
Loïc