-   -   python-exo dropped/obsoleted by what? (http://www.linux-archive.org/xubuntu-development/178583-python-exo-dropped-obsoleted-what.html)

shirish 10-18-2008 12:06 PM

python-exo dropped/obsoleted by what?

Hi all,
I ran system-cleaner today and found that python-exo got
dropped/obsoleted but by what is not known. I also tried to look if
any discussion had taken place for the same but couldn't find
anything. Could somebody point out what happened or something.
Just a plain user who wants to know what happened.
Shirish Agarwal

065C 6D79 A68C E7EA 52B3 8D70 950D 53FB 729A 8B17

shirish 10-28-2008 03:13 PM

python-exo dropped/obsoleted by what?

Hi all,
There has been no answer for this one for the past 10 days. Just to
share what cruft-remover shows

sudo cruft-remover --verbose find
ignored deb:python-exo
Package is no longer supported: it is no longer in the
package archive. (It may also have been installed from an
unofficial archive that is no longer available. In that
case you may want to keep it.)

Can somebody comment on the same.

Gauvain Pocentek 10-29-2008 11:39 AM

shirish agarwal wrote:

> Hi all,
> There has been no answer for this one for the past 10 days. Just to
> share what cruft-remover shows
>
> sudo cruft-remover --verbose find
> ignored deb:python-exo
> Package is no longer supported: it is no longer in the
> package archive. (It may also have been installed from an
> unofficial archive that is no longer available. In that
> case you may want to keep it.)
>

> Can somebody comment on the same.

From the package changelog:

exo (0.3.4-7ubuntu2) intrepid; urgency=low

* Reduce our delta with Debian:
- drop python-* packages and rules, they're not used
- drop cdbs, switch back to debhelper.

shirish 10-29-2008 12:09 PM

python-exo dropped/obsoleted by what?

Hi all,
Gauvain you are right on the money. I should have checked exo's
changelog as well. This confirms what Lionel De Folgoc also says on
the bug :-

> We dropped it because it seems it wasn't very used, and it never made into debian (and we try to reduce our delta with debian).

By delta I take it he means difference which means less work for the
maintainers, which is good :)

Which in essence means, I can purge/remove this package once and for all :)