Old 10-06-2008, 03:12 AM
Charlie Kravetz

Default Xubuntu Testing Procedures

Old 10-06-2008, 07:30 AM
"Pasi Lallinaho"

2008/10/6 Charlie Kravetz <cjk@teamcharliesangels.com>:

Hi Charlie,

this sounds fantastic. No objections!

--
Pasi Lallinaho
Xubuntu Marketing Lead
Web designer, graphic artist
IRC: knome @ freenode

Old 10-06-2008, 05:59 PM
Eero Tamminen

Hi,

On Monday 06 October 2008, Charlie Kravetz wrote:
> I am in the process of re-writing the testing procedures we use for
> Xubuntu iso's. I would like to combine the Short[1] and Long[2] test
> procedures into a single document.

You mean that [1] would be the first phase steps of [2]?

> This would consist of expanded procedures compared to QA testing[3].

This should be aligned along the test-cases specified in Cody's Xubuntu
strategy document:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Specifications/Intrepid/StrategyDocument#Focus
3: Performance

- Eero

Old 10-07-2008, 06:51 PM
Eero Tamminen

Hi,

On Monday 06 October 2008, Charlie Kravetz wrote:
> > On Monday 06 October 2008, Charlie Kravetz wrote:
> > > I am in the process of re-writing the testing procedures we use for
> > > Xubuntu iso's. I would like to combine the Short[1] and Long[2] test
> > > procedures into a single document.
> >
> > You mean that [1] would be the first phase steps of [2]?
> >
> > > This would consist of expanded procedures compared to QA testing[3].
> >
> > This should be aligned along the test-cases specified in Cody's Xubuntu
> > strategy document:
> > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Specifications/Intrepid/StrategyDocumen
> >t#Focus 3: Performance
>
> No. At the present time we have 3 different testing procedures. I want
> the main testing page at [3]. I will then delete [2] and write [1] to
> be expanded testing of [3].

Alignment could mean also modifying the Strategy document...

> At the present, I don't think any of the pages tests to the performance
> specified in the Strategy Document.

Well, measuring performance is one thing, but I think it would be better if
the test-cases would be common (and the first performance test is whether
something works at all. If not, its response time is infinite).

> Thanks for that reminder. I prefer
> that if QA has a testing day, let testers have a procedure that's more
> than compiz, thunar, and boot. Then have extended tests on our own
> wiki.

- Eero