Old 10-02-2008, 01:52 PM
Vincent

Default request for Xubuntu features to highlight in beta release announcement

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 11:36 AM, Steve Langasek <steve.langasek@ubuntu.com> wrote:

Hi folks,

At https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IntrepidIbex/BetaAnnouncement, you'll find a

draft of the beta announcement email. *Can someone provide me with some

brief content on the 1-3 most important new features in Xubuntu 8.10?

Will there be content on the web at the usual place

(https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IntrepidIbex/BetaAnnouncement/Xubuntu) in time for

beta?

Thanks,

--

Steve Langasek * * * * * * * * * Give me a lever long enough and a Free OS

Debian Developer * * * * * * * * * to set it on, and I can move the world.

Ubuntu Developer * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *http://www.debian.org/

slangasek@ubuntu.com * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * vorlon@debian.org

I suppose that would be https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/IntrepidIbex/BetaAnnouncement (not sure about the IntrepidIbex either, but if that's how Ubuntu does it...).

Anyway, a lot of the Ubuntu stuff will apply, Xfce 4.6 is available in the xubuntu-team PPA and for the rest... Someone else (Cody? will have to answer
Cheers,
--
Vincent

Old 10-02-2008, 03:09 PM
Steve Langasek

On Thu, Oct 02, 2008 at 03:52:05PM +0200, Vincent wrote:
> > At https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IntrepidIbex/BetaAnnouncement, you'll find a
> > draft of the beta announcement email. Can someone provide me with some
> > brief content on the 1-3 most important new features in Xubuntu 8.10?

> > Will there be content on the web at the usual place
> > (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IntrepidIbex/BetaAnnouncement/Xubuntu) in time
> > for
> > beta?

> I suppose that would be
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/IntrepidIbex/BetaAnnouncement (not sure
> about the IntrepidIbex either, but if that's how Ubuntu does it...).

That would be inconsistent with past practice, e.g.,
<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardyHeron/BetaAnnouncement/Xubuntu>. But so far,
I don't have any indications that content is going to exist for beta,
regardless of URL, so I can't very well include a link to it in the beta
announcement.

Old 10-02-2008, 04:16 PM
Charlie Kravetz

On Thu, 2 Oct 2008 08:09:21 -0700
Steve Langasek <steve.langasek@ubuntu.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 02, 2008 at 03:52:05PM +0200, Vincent wrote:
> > > At https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IntrepidIbex/BetaAnnouncement, you'll find a
> > > draft of the beta announcement email. Can someone provide me with some
> > > brief content on the 1-3 most important new features in Xubuntu 8.10?
>
> > > Will there be content on the web at the usual place
> > > (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IntrepidIbex/BetaAnnouncement/Xubuntu) in time
> > > for
> > > beta?
>
> > I suppose that would be
> > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/IntrepidIbex/BetaAnnouncement (not sure
> > about the IntrepidIbex either, but if that's how Ubuntu does it...).
>
> That would be inconsistent with past practice, e.g.,
> <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardyHeron/BetaAnnouncement/Xubuntu>. But so far,
> I don't have any indications that content is going to exist for beta,
> regardless of URL, so I can't very well include a link to it in the beta
> announcement.
>
> --
> Steve Langasek Give me a lever long enough and a Free OS
> Debian Developer to set it on, and I can move the world.
> Ubuntu Developer http://www.debian.org/
> slangasek@ubuntu.com vorlon@debian.org

We've changed our wiki some, and tried to get it organized. I'm
creating the release notes now, under
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/IntrepidIbex/BetaAnnouncement
to stay within the new structure. I hope that's okay.

Thanks

--
Charlie Kravetz