-   -   Xubuntu HugDay (http://www.linux-archive.org/xubuntu-development/164179-xubuntu-hugday.html)

Charlie Kravetz 09-22-2008 01:10 PM

Xubuntu HugDay

Charlie Kravetz 09-29-2008 04:15 AM

Xubuntu HugDay

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 07:10:23 -0600
Charlie Kravetz <cjk@teamcharliesangels.com> wrote:

> We are organizing the first Xubuntu Hug Day and want a little help.
> Since we would like as much participation as possible, we are looking
> at a full day, possibly September 26 or 27.
>
> The HugDay is a special day where the Xubuntu Community comes together
> with a shared goal of triaging as many bugs as possible. Working
> together allows us to share knowledge and give some much needed
> assistance to both the Xubuntu and Upstream Developers. Since many of
> the bugs are forwarded upstream, this should be as beneficial to Xfce
> and Debian development as to Xubuntu Development.
>
> The term HugDay is a spin on BugDay. Every time someone triages a bug,
> then someone else should hug him/her. Why? This is a very special way
> for us to tell everyone that we love contributions! And triaging bugs
> is a really big contribution.
>
> To maximize our efforts, we would like to ask for developers to
> volunteer to be around to offer their expertise, assist, and
> participate in the fun. What would be the best date and times for you?
> Can we count on your help to make this happen?
>
> Thanks in advance for any time you can help with. We know how busy
> everybody is at this time.
>
> Please cc cjk@teamcharliesangels.com in your response, since I am not
> on all the mailing lists.
>

> Charlie Kravetz <cjk@teamcharliesangels.com>
> Xubuntu HugDay coordinator
>
> Jannis Pohlmann <jannis@xfce.org>
> Xubuntu Xfce Liaison
>
> Michael Casadevall <sonicmctails@ubuntu.com>
> Xubuntu Debian Liaison

Due to a lack of response time, the Xubuntu Hugday will be held on
Thursday, 2008-10-02. This is the scheduled BugDay for Ubuntu, so let's
make it a really special Hugday. I will be posting the listings on
Tuesday of 118 bugs I hope to get triaged during this event.

As the first Xubuntu Hugday, this is really exciting to have it happen.
I realize this is the Intrepid Beta release day, and that makes it all
the more special.

- --
Charlie Kravetz