-   -   Xarchiver 0.5.0beta1 released (http://www.linux-archive.org/xubuntu-development/149047-xarchiver-0-5-0beta1-released.html)

"Giuseppe Torelli" 08-26-2008 01:02 PM

Xarchiver 0.5.0beta1 released

Hi,

After two years of development I'm finally able to release the first
beta of the new release 0.5.0. Due to the number of features
introduced there are also some nasty bugs to be fixed. What to test:

1) GUI behaviour when working on the archives, red/green light,
sensitiveness of the buttons etc etc.
2) Operations on tar and tar compressed archives.
3) Cut/copy/paste on all the archives (there are bugs with tar
compressed archives).

Please report all the bugs at http://bugzilla.xfce.org. If you don't
want to subscribe there please send me the detailed bug description
along with the backtrace to my email address.

Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

--
Colossus
Xarchiver, a Linux GTK+2 only archive manager - http://xarchiver.xfce.org

"Cody A.W. Somerville" 08-28-2008 03:06 AM

Xarchiver 0.5.0beta1 released

Hi,

*We got this e-mail the first time you sent it and have already packaged it (thanks to Lionel). :-)

After two years of development I'm finally able to release the first

beta of the new release 0.5.0. Due to the number of features

introduced there are also some nasty bugs to be fixed. What to test:

1) GUI behaviour when working on the archives, red/green light,

sensitiveness of the buttons etc etc.

2) Operations on tar and tar compressed archives.

3) Cut/copy/paste on all the archives (there are bugs with tar

compressed archives).

Please report all the bugs at http://bugzilla.xfce.org. If you don't

want to subscribe there please send me the detailed bug description

along with the backtrace to my email address.

Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

--

Colossus

Xarchiver, a Linux GTK+2 only archive manager - http://xarchiver.xfce.org

Cheers,
--
Cody A.W. Somerville
Release Engineer

"Giuseppe Torelli" 08-28-2008 06:54 AM

Xarchiver 0.5.0beta1 released

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 5:06 AM, Cody A.W. Somerville
<cody-somerville@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> We got this e-mail the first time you sent it and have already packaged it
> (thanks to Lionel). :-)

Thank you. It's nice to see that Xarchiver is still appreciated among Xubunters.
In the meantime I fixed a couple of critical bugs on the svn version. This one
is more usable than beta1.

Giuseppe