Old 08-18-2008, 11:04 PM
"Leonardo Ortiz"

Default Help with xubuntu

Hello,

At this moment I have the following objection: I have an
application in production in Java 1.4, operating system Xubuntu 7.10
(Xubuntu-7.10-desktop-i386) and that after some time your computer
freezes and start a beep, so that the user had no choice but to restart
the computer. These blockades are random and occur several times a day.

It has already been revised application, but did not find anything suspicious. What alternative could have on this?
Thanks
--
Cordialmente,

Leonardo Ortiz
WebSite: http://leonardo.ortiz.iespana.es

Celular: 3134392372
E-mails: leonorti@gmail.com
osciloscope@hotmail.com
ljortizg@egresado.udistrital.edu.co

Old 08-21-2008, 09:04 AM
Jelle de Jong

Leonardo Ortiz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> At this moment I have the following objection: I have an application in
> production in Java 1.4, operating system Xubuntu 7.10
> (Xubuntu-7.10-desktop-i386) and that after some time your computer
> freezes and start a beep, so that the user had no choice but to restart
> the computer. These blockades are random and occur several times a day.
>
> It has already been revised application, but did not find anything
> suspicious. What alternative could have on this?
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Cordialmente,
>
> Leonardo Ortiz
> WebSite: http://leonardo.ortiz.iespana.es
> Celular: 3134392372
> E-mails: leonorti@gmail.com <mailto:leonorti@gmail.com>
> osciloscope@hotmail.com <mailtosciloscope@hotmail.com>
> ljortizg@egresado.udistrital.edu.co
> <mailto:ljortizg@egresado.udistrital.edu.co>

Dear Leonardo,

I have read your email, but there is no real specific information about
the problem, or the debug process that you have used. I will try to help
you a bit, but this is the xubuntu-devel mailinglist why do you think
this is xubuntu releated? Have you tried other Linux distributions like
Fedora, Ubuntu Desktop, Debian Stable Etch?

Kind regards,

Jelle

Old 08-21-2008, 10:58 AM
George Brooke

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 18:04:12 -0500
"Leonardo Ortiz" <leonorti@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> At this moment I have the following objection: I have an application
> in production in Java 1.4, operating system Xubuntu 7.10
> (Xubuntu-7.10-desktop-i386) and that after some time your computer
> freezes and start a beep, so that the user had no choice but to
> restart the computer. These blockades are random and occur several
> times a day.
>
> It has already been revised application, but did not find anything
> suspicious. What alternative could have on this?
>
> Thanks

I would advise you to try posting to the fourms
(http://www.ubuntufourms.org) as that is the correct place to go for
support. You could also try asking questions in #ubuntu on irc.

solar.george

Old 08-21-2008, 06:49 PM
Eddy

George Brooke <solar.george@googlemail.com> wrote:
(21/08/2008 03:58)

> On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 18:04:12 -0500
> "Leonardo Ortiz" <leonorti@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > At this moment I have the following objection: I have an application
> > in production in Java 1.4, operating system Xubuntu 7.10
> > (Xubuntu-7.10-desktop-i386) and that after some time your computer
> > freezes and start a beep, so that the user had no choice but to
> > restart the computer. These blockades are random and occur several
> > times a day.
> >
> > It has already been revised application, but did not find anything
> > suspicious. What alternative could have on this?
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> I would advise you to try posting to the fourms
> (http://www.ubuntufourms.org) as that is the correct place to go for
> support. You could also try asking questions in #ubuntu on irc.
>
> solar.george

It may have something to do with using Java 1.4. As far as I know, the
(Sun) Java version available in the 7.10 repositories is
1.6.something.
1.4 is still available at Sun's website.