-   -   Intrepid Seeds (http://www.linux-archive.org/xubuntu-development/141664-intrepid-seeds.html)

"Cody A.W. Somerville" 08-12-2008 12:09 PM

Intrepid Seeds

Hey Developers,

*I was going through the seeds again together and there are few I'm not sure we need anymore/not sure why they are there.
gnome-mount in desktop: Thunar used to be patched to use gnome-mount but Lionel dropped that patch in 0.9.0-1ubuntu1 for Hardy (so removing for now). Have there been any regressions or are we good to drop gnome-mount from the seeds too? From the changelog when Jani added that patch:

use gnome-mount instead of exo-mount to take advantage of its better
support for NTFS, encrypted storage and non-privileged mount of non-removable
partitions. Show the latter in the Thunar left-pane.

libgnome2-perl: Could someone enlighten me? :-) (so removing for now).
I think we need to look at our multimedia stack again. Although our movie player can play music, I think we need a music player. I've added audacious for the mean time.

I think we need to reconsider ristretto - there are serious memory issues and isn't very stable where other image viewers are available that are light-weight and even more featured. I've put in gpicview for now.
Cheers,

--
Cody A.W. Somerville
Release Engineer

"aaron andersen" 08-12-2008 01:24 PM

Intrepid Seeds

re: libgnome2-perl

If I recall correctly.... If you don't have libgnome2-perl installed and you use synaptic to install software it will say (in the details window) something about missing libgnome2-perl.

I've been using xfce with ubuntu for a year or two now and never had libgnome2-perl installed... I see no problem in removing it.

Aaron

Jeff Wishnie 08-12-2008 03:57 PM

Intrepid Seeds

I think we need to reconsider ristretto - there are serious memory issues and isn't very stable where other image viewers are available that are light-weight and even more featured. I've put in gpicview for now. We've been testing gThumb at Inveneo. Lightweight and has basic editing features like scale & rotate needed to work effectively with digital photos.
- jeff