Old 07-24-2008, 02:05 AM
jmak

Default Mark Shuttleworth keynote summary

Linux Desktop: It must become art

Can we not emulate, but blow past Apple, in terms of delivering a user
experience?
Linux desktop has to be art.
It's not a mad crusade. We need beautiful, free software that is art.
To survive in a Web world, you need something that's attractive.
It has to be profoundly usable.
That's the challenge for the Linux desktop for the next 2 years.

Read the rest:

http://www.thevarguy.com/2008/07/22/oscon-2008-mark-shuttleworth-says-linux-must-leap-over-apple/