Old 07-14-2008, 03:52 PM
Vincent

Default Flat look (was: Test the working GDM beta)

On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 4:54 AM, jmak <jozmak@gmail.com> wrote:
We have to decide,

right now that we continue with the traditional design, or join in

with unbuntu and kubuntu and choose a flat design. Those who don't

know the differences here is a mockup that explains.

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/6897/flatnotflatlv7.png

The main point with the flat design is not that trendy but rather it

is more efficient from the visual point of view because it eliminates

as much visual noises as possible.

Note to everybody: we dont talk about personal preferences here but

visual efficiency, unity and coherence of the desktop. If you comment

please dont say, I like it or I dont like. Those are not arguments.

Flat design sounds nice and clutter-free to me, but I would prefer to keep the visual distinction between the window and the window borders. It's hard to see where to grab the window when you want to drag and don't know about Alt+Drag.

Cheers,
--
Vincent