Old 07-06-2008, 06:27 PM
blandreth

Default update-manager

When i attempted to open my update manager, and other software managers the following message appeared on my screen.*
*Could not initialize the package information

A unresolvable problem occurred while initializing the package information.

Please report this bug against the 'update-manager' package and include the following error message:

'E:Type 'rm' is not known on line 58 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list, E:The list of sources could not be read.'

THNX
BRANDON
LANDRETH
blandreth94@yahoo.com

Old 07-07-2008, 01:50 PM
George Brooke

On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 11:27:32 -0700 (PDT)
blandreth <blandreth94@yahoo.com> wrote:

> When i attempted to open my update manager, and other software
> managers the following message appeared on my screen. Could not
> initialize the package information
>
> A unresolvable problem occurred while initializing the package
> information.
>
> Please report this bug against the 'update-manager' package and
> include the following error message:
>
> 'E:Type 'rm' is not known on line 58 in source
> list /etc/apt/sources.list, E:The list of sources could not be read.'
>
> THNX
> BRANDON
> LANDRETH
> blandreth94@yahoo.com

This isn't really a support forum - please create a post in
ubuntuforums and post the content of your /etc/apt/sources.list and
provide us with a link.

solar.george