Old 12-01-2007, 02:55 PM
SYNass IT Ubuntu / Linux

Default How do we get out / rid of initramfs ???

Hello
Frustrated struggling with installing Ubuntu 7.10 on a friends notebook:
How do we get out / rid of this initramfs ???

We already tried installing near a dozen time with the 2 desktop
versions (32bit & 64bit) !!

As newbie/s we have absolutely no idea ;-O

Pls help ;-)

TQ, svobi

Old 12-01-2007, 03:14 PM
Kenneth Loafman

SYNass IT Ubuntu / Linux wrote:
> Hello
> Frustrated struggling with installing Ubuntu 7.10 on a friends notebook:
> How do we get out / rid of this initramfs ???
>
> We already tried installing near a dozen time with the 2 desktop
> versions (32bit & 64bit) !!
>
> As newbie/s we have absolutely no idea ;-O
>
> Pls help ;-)

It's not something you want to get rid of. Initramfs contains an
in-memory temporary file system that houses the utilities used during
the boot process. It goes away after boot.

Why would you want to get rid of it?

...Ken

Old 12-01-2007, 03:14 PM
Kenneth Loafman