Old 09-16-2008, 07:05 PM
Sven

Default scanner

On 09/16/2008 02:21 AM, Jim Smith wrote:
> I have had good fortune with a Canon LiDE 60. Runs off of the USB and is
> supported by SANE.

I also recommend Canon LiDE series (I own CanoScan Lide 25). Its budget
product and supported out-of-the-box.

Always check if your future scanner is supported by SANE[0]

> YMMV
> Jim

regards
Sven

[0] http://www.sane-project.org/sane-backends.html

Old 09-16-2008, 07:30 PM
norman

Thanks to everyone for their comments and I am now in a good position to
choose my future scanner.

Norman