Old 12-01-2007, 01:57 AM
"Pandelis Perakakis"

Default instalation problems

Dear list members,
I own a AMD Turion 64 notebook (hp Pavillion dv6000) and I have just
tried to install ubuntu-7.10-desktop-amd64 after correctly burning the
image to a cd. I boot from the CD and choose the first option (install) in
the UBUNTU welcome screen, but after some messages about loading files,
drivers etc I get a black screen, the PC stops responding and the only way
to restart is by holding the power button. I also get a message in the
beggining saying that memory allocation failed or something similar.
Anyone with similar problems? Any suggestions, solutions?
Thank you all,
Pandelis Perakakis

--
Pandelis Perakakis, MSc
Department of Personality, Evaluation and Psychological Treatment