Old 11-30-2007, 09:18 PM
richard

Default 7.10 install problems

I hoping someone can advise me on how to resolve my current problem i
have in installing 7.10.
I have received the shipit cd, changed boot sequence to start from
cdrom...ok. I get the ubuntu splash screen. I press "install" then my
screen goes blank with just a flashing cursor in the top right hand
corner. I have an earlier edition of Ubuntu 6.06 and it installs fine. I
just want to do a fresh install. My system specs are as follows: P4 D
3ghz, 1gb ram, Nvidia 7300 AGP video card. Further to this i even
downloaded the iso and it still does the same thing. I have also
downloaded Mandriva and it too goes to a blank screen after the initial
welcome screen, and selecting "install". Any advice would be greatly
appreciated.
Thanks
Richard Bowles