Old 05-24-2008, 04:59 AM
"Scott Kaplan"

Default my CD/DVD drive stopped reading all CDs/DVDs

I upgraded to 8.04 desktop a month ago.* The CD/DVD was working until recently.* Maybe the Ubuntu updates tonight broke it?* I am not sure but I know I didn't do anything to break it.

When I insert any CD or DVD it doesn't acknowlege that anything is even in there.* When I look at the properties of of cdrom, it is 0 bytes.

Has anyone witnessed this?

Thanks,
Scott