FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Ubuntu User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 11-30-2007, 05:53 PM
"Paul Smith"
 
Default Package of Liberation Fonts

Dear All,

Is there some binary package of Liberation Fonts to Ubuntu?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 11-30-2007, 06:33 PM
Andy
 
Default Package of Liberation Fonts

On 30/11/2007, Paul Smith <phhs80@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there some binary package of Liberation Fonts to Ubuntu?
Yes.

Someone has created a PPA on launchpad, see
<https://launchpad.net/~corenominal/+archive> if you want to use the
repository,

A deb can be found directly at:
http://launchpadlibrarian.net/10220496/ttf-liberation_0.0.1-0ubuntu1%7Eppa2_all.deb

And a disclaimer:
I did not create the above files.
Installing software from "untrusted" or "unverified" sources could
pose a security risk to your system.

Andy

--
Computers are like air conditioners. Both stop working, if you open windows.
-- Adam Heath

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 11-30-2007, 07:03 PM
"Paul Smith"
 
Default Package of Liberation Fonts

On Nov 30, 2007 7:33 PM, Andy <stude.list@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Is there some binary package of Liberation Fonts to Ubuntu?
> Yes.
>
> Someone has created a PPA on launchpad, see
> <https://launchpad.net/~corenominal/+archive> if you want to use the
> repository,
>
> A deb can be found directly at:
> http://launchpadlibrarian.net/10220496/ttf-liberation_0.0.1-0ubuntu1%7Eppa2_all.deb
>
> And a disclaimer:
> I did not create the above files.
> Installing software from "untrusted" or "unverified" sources could
> pose a security risk to your system.

Thanks, Andy.

Paul

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 12-02-2007, 11:08 PM
"Scott (angrykeyboarder)"
 
Default Package of Liberation Fonts

Andy spake thusly:
> On 30/11/2007, Paul Smith <phhs80@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is there some binary package of Liberation Fonts to Ubuntu?
> Yes.
>
> Someone has created a PPA on launchpad, see
> <https://launchpad.net/~corenominal/+archive> if you want to use the
> repository,
>
> A deb can be found directly at:
> http://launchpadlibrarian.net/10220496/ttf-liberation_0.0.1-0ubuntu1%7Eppa2_all.deb
>
> And a disclaimer:
> I did not create the above files.
> Installing software from "untrusted" or "unverified" sources could
> pose a security risk to your system.

Being that they are just fonts, I found it simple just to download them
and install them manually to my ~/.fonts directory (of course I could
have put them in /usr/share/fonts as well).

wget https://www.redhat.com/f/fonts/liberation-fonts-ttf-3.tar.gz



--
Scott
http://angrykeyboarder.com
I've never used an OS I didn't (dis)like.
¬©2007 angrykeyboarder‚ĄĘ & Elmer Fudd. All Wites Wesewved


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 12-02-2007, 11:41 PM
"Paul Smith"
 
Default Package of Liberation Fonts

On Dec 3, 2007 12:08 AM, Scott (angrykeyboarder)
<geekboy@angrykeyboarder.com> wrote:
> >> Is there some binary package of Liberation Fonts to Ubuntu?
> > Yes.
> >
> > Someone has created a PPA on launchpad, see
> > <https://launchpad.net/~corenominal/+archive> if you want to use the
> > repository,
> >
> > A deb can be found directly at:
> > http://launchpadlibrarian.net/10220496/ttf-liberation_0.0.1-0ubuntu1%7Eppa2_all.deb
> >
> > And a disclaimer:
> > I did not create the above files.
> > Installing software from "untrusted" or "unverified" sources could
> > pose a security risk to your system.
>
> Being that they are just fonts, I found it simple just to download them
> and install them manually to my ~/.fonts directory (of course I could
> have put them in /usr/share/fonts as well).
>
> wget https://www.redhat.com/f/fonts/liberation-fonts-ttf-3.tar.gz

Thanks, Scott, for the suggestion.

Paul

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 12-03-2007, 04:41 PM
Thilo Six
 
Default Package of Liberation Fonts

Paul Smith wrote the following on 03.12.2007 01:41

</snip>

>> wget https://www.redhat.com/f/fonts/liberation-fonts-ttf-3.tar.gz

$ fc-cache -fv

> Thanks, Scott, for the suggestion.
>
> Paul

--
Thilo

key: 0x4A411E09


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 10:07 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org