Old 05-21-2008, 11:37 PM
Paul Dwerryhouse

Default Ubuntu Installation Questions

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 12:22:11AM +0100, Chris Hallsworth wrote:
> When I told it to perform a "guided - resize partition", I was told that
> changes need to be made to my disk and that it may take a long time. What
> changes is the installer on about?

Is your whole disk currently being used for Windows? It might be that
the installer has to shrink the size of the Windows filesystem and then
reduce the partition size.

Cheers,

Paul

--
Paul Dwerryhouse | PGP Key ID: 0x6B91B584

Old 05-21-2008, 11:50 PM
steve

Old 05-22-2008, 05:04 PM
"Chris Hallsworth"

Oh silly me. Of course! It makes sense now. Thanks for the help, greatly
appreciated.
--
Why not join my Blind Hobbyist group? To join, send a blank message to
blind-hobbyist-subscribe@googlegroups.com. Thanks, Chris