Old 05-21-2008, 01:29 PM
Leo Cacciari

Default Mouse copy&paste

Hi people,
I'm a unix (and linux) user since early '90, thus as all old people, I
have my habits. For instance, if I want to copy something from a
terminal window into another (or the same), I simply select it, then
click on button 2 to do the paste. This does not work in hardy (but it
did in gutsy...). Obviously some default configuration has been changed.

This makes ubuntu behaviour for mouse cut&pasting much more like
window's, which IMHO has a _stupid_ default behaviour. But this is only
my opinion. I'm sure there is a very good reason for this change of
default behaviour, even though I can not see it... But, as I say before,
I'm starting getting old and I'd like to have the old copy&paste
behaviour back. Does someone in the list know how to change it back?

Thanks a lot

--
Leo 'TheHobbit' Cacciari

Old 05-21-2008, 01:36 PM
Markus Schönhaber

Leo Cacciari wrote:

> For instance, if I want to copy something from a
> terminal window into another (or the same), I simply select it, then
> click on button 2 to do the paste. This does not work in hardy (but it
> did in gutsy...). Obviously some default configuration has been changed.

This works fine for me in Hardy.
Maybe you and X disagree on which mouse button is number 2?

Regards
mks

Old 05-21-2008, 04:30 PM
Mario Vukelic

On Wed, 2008-05-21 at 15:36 +0200, Markus Schönhaber wrote:
> This works fine for me in Hardy.

Same here, I get "paste" on middle click (or in the absence of a middle
button or wheel, simultaneous left+right click)