Old 02-21-2009, 01:57 AM
NoOp

Default Invitation to connect on LinkedIn

On 02/20/2009 06:32 PM, Wade Smart wrote:
> Paige Thompson wrote:
>>

>> LinkedIn
>>
>> Paige Thompson requested to add you as a connection on LinkedIn:
>>

>> Patrick,
>>
>> Hello all, and to those who know me as Trevor I Just imported my
>> address book that has accumulated over a couple of years now. Pretty nifty!
>>
>> - Paige Adele Thompson
>
> 20090220 2027 GMT-5
>
> Ok... this is odd. Paige or Trevor????

Doesn't matter... all email from the address has been sent to the bin on
my side.

Old 02-21-2009, 11:41 AM
"Karl F. Larsen"

Paige Thompson wrote:
> LinkedIn
> ------------
>
> Paige Thompson requested to add you as a connection on LinkedIn:
>
> Patrick,
>
> Hello all, and to those who know me as Trevor I Just imported my address book that has accumulated over a couple of years now. Pretty nifty!
>
> - Paige Adele Thompson
>
> View invitation from Paige Thompson
> http://www.linkedin.com/e/NE2bzGJS1lCAMLWXQjiSHiiEWcCZMLczQiCNOGKytORD/blk/1017775001_2/0OnP4Mc3kTdPsNc34LqnpPbOYWrSlI/svi/

> DID YOU KNOW you can use your LinkedIn profile as your website? Select a vanity URL and then promote this address on your business cards, email signatures, website, etc
> http://www.linkedin.com/e/ewp/inv-21/
>

> ------
> (c) 2009, LinkedIn Corporation

This is Spam! Someone needs to remove the name from the list of users.

Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

Old 02-21-2009, 12:53 PM
Nils Kassube

Karl F. Larsen wrote:
> This is Spam!

Yes, absolutely.

> Someone needs to remove the name from the list of
> users.

Yes. But unfortunately that doesn't help. We will receive more of that
junk from linkedin when the next clueless user authorizes them to send
spam to everybody in their address book. It would only work if the list
doesn't accept mails from linkedin servers.

Nils

Old 02-23-2009, 03:20 PM
Terry Hurlbut

LinkedIn

Terry Hurlbut requested to add you as a connection on LinkedIn:

*

Tom,

- Terry

View invitation from Terry Hurlbut

*

DID YOU KNOW you can be the first to know when a trusted member of your network changes jobs?
With Network Updates on your LinkedIn home page, you'll be notified as members of your network change their current position. Be the first to know and reach out!

*

2009, LinkedIn Corporation

Old 02-23-2009, 06:04 PM
phil

<http://www.linkedin.com/e/vp2zyAicX83p365EqB6IhIKNgL3pepigC-3/blk/1021777137_2/0OnPsPcjsTdP4Oc34LqnpPbOYWrSlI/svi/>

DID YOU KNOW *you can be the first to know when a trusted member of your
network changes jobs?*
With Network Updates on your LinkedIn home page, you'll be notified as
members of your network change their current position. Be the first to
know and reach out!

2009, LinkedIn Corporation

don't know why i received this?

Old 02-23-2009, 06:16 PM
Temlakos

phil wrote:

Terry Hurlbut wrote:

LinkedIn

Terry Hurlbut requested to add you as a connection on LinkedIn:

Tom,

- Terry

View invitation from Terry Hurlbut
<http://www.linkedin.com/e/vp2zyAicX83p365EqB6IhIKNgL3pepigC-3/blk/1021777137_2/0OnPsPcjsTdP4Oc34LqnpPbOYWrSlI/svi/>

DID YOU KNOW *you can be the first to know when a trusted member of
your network changes jobs?*
With Network Updates on your LinkedIn home page, you'll be notified
as members of your network change their current position. Be the
first to know and reach out!

2009, LinkedIn Corporation

don't know why i received this?

I apologize. When LinkedIn identified the contact, it made it look like
one person. I forgot that it was the Fedora List address. I should never
have allowed that invitation to go out.

Temlakos

Old 02-23-2009, 06:25 PM
phil

Temlakos wrote:

phil wrote:

Terry Hurlbut wrote:

[...]

no problem, just wondered that's all

Old 03-03-2009, 05:13 AM
Paige Thompson

read this.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sender_Policy_Framework

; <<>> DiG 9.3.2 <<>> @localhost devel.ws TXT
; (2 servers found)
;; global options: printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;devel.ws. IN TXT

;; ANSWER SECTION:
devel.ws. 3600 IN TXT "v=spf1 include:aspmx.googlemail.com ~all"

;; Query time: 277 msec
;; SERVER: 127.0.0.1#53(127.0.0.1)
;; WHEN: Tue Mar 3 07:10:07 2009
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 79

See that? That says mail from *@devel.ws can only be mailed by
aspmx.googlemail.com IE: not aspmx.facebook.com

Not my fault or problem :/

http://www.kloth.net/services/dig.php

Old 03-03-2009, 05:52 AM
Patton Echols

On 03/02/2009 10:13 PM, Paige Thompson wrote:
> read this.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sender_Policy_Framework
>
> ; <<>> DiG 9.3.2 <<>> @localhost devel.ws TXT
> ; (2 servers found)
> ;; global options: printcmd
> ;; Got answer:
> ;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0
>
> ;; QUESTION SECTION:
> ;devel.ws. IN TXT
>
> ;; ANSWER SECTION:
> devel.ws. 3600 IN TXT "v=spf1 include:aspmx.googlemail.com ~all"
>
> ;; Query time: 277 msec
> ;; SERVER: 127.0.0.1#53(127.0.0.1)
> ;; WHEN: Tue Mar 3 07:10:07 2009
> ;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 79
>
> See that? That says mail from *@devel.ws can only be mailed by
> aspmx.googlemail.com IE: not aspmx.facebook.com
>
> Not my fault or problem :/

I'll repeat what I said before, Linkedin did exactly what you asked it
to. So I don't know how you can go and say "not my fault or problem" is
more than just a little ingenuous. Look at my prior message, Linkedin's
mail server is configured to look like one in the midst of a chain that
came from you. Fyi, the entire source of your original spam is below.

Old 03-03-2009, 05:55 AM
Nils Kassube

Paige Thompson wrote:
> Not my fault or problem :/