Old 11-30-2007, 12:36 PM
SYNass IT Ubuntu / Linux

Default Replacing Linpus on Acer 4520 with Ubuntu 7.10

Hello Acer (4520) Ubuntu User/Experts

My friend wants to replace the poor Linpus with Ubuntu 7.10 !
I have prepared him the CD with the respective Ubuntu version ;-)

How do we get to the BIOS to set booting from CD before HDD ???

TIA for your advice and hint ;-))
Cheers, svobi

Old 11-30-2007, 01:39 PM
"Mark H. Nichols"

On Nov 30, 2007, at 7:36 AM, SYNass IT Ubuntu / Linux wrote:Hello Acer (4520) Ubuntu User/Experts
How do we get to the BIOS to set booting from CD before HDD ???Try Google. *My*google search revealed this as the first result of a search for "acer bios"http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000192.htmHTH,Mark--Release 7.10, Kernel 2.6.22-14-genericDual 3.4 GHz Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU2.2 GB RAM, ATI Radeon X300 GraphicsRegistered Linux User # 458073

Old 11-30-2007, 05:10 PM
"Victor Padro"

My friend wants to replace the poor Linpus with Ubuntu 7.10 !I have prepared him the CD with the respective Ubuntu version ;-)

How do we get to the BIOS to set booting from CD before HDD ???
Try Google. *
My*google search revealed this as the first result of a search for "acer bios"

HTH,Mark
--

Release 7.10, Kernel 2.6.22-14-genericDual 3.4 GHz Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU2.2 GB RAM, ATI Radeon X300 GraphicsRegistered Linux User # 458073

When the laptop is turn on just hit the key that tells you to enter the system BIOS, should be F2, F1, Del(Supr), F11, F12, I surely don't remember the exact key for Acer based computers, but perharps the ones I gave should do it.

cya.

Old 11-30-2007, 09:46 PM
SYNass IT Ubuntu / Linux

On Fri, 2007-11-30 at 08:39 -0600, Mark H. Nichols wrote:

> On Nov 30, 2007, at 7:36 AM, SYNass IT Ubuntu / Linux wrote:
>
> > Hello Acer (4520) Ubuntu User/Experts
> >

> > My friend wants to replace the poor Linpus with Ubuntu 7.10 !
> > I have prepared him the CD with the respective Ubuntu version ;-)
> >

> > How do we get to the BIOS to set booting from CD before HDD ???
>

> Try Google.
>

> My google search revealed this as the first result of a search for
> "acer bios"
>

> http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000192.htm
>

> HTH,
> Mark
> --
> Release 7.10, Kernel 2.6.22-14-generic
> Dual 3.4 GHz Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU
> 2.2 GB RAM, ATI Radeon X300 Graphics
> Registered Linux User # 458073

Thank you !

Our Google brought some European Acer sites first ...
... where we struggled ;-|