Old 05-18-2008, 06:39 PM
Vincent Trouilliez

Default Firefox: how to import Epiphany's address bar history, and bookmarks ?

Hi list,

since day one of Ubuntu, I have alwyas prefered Epiphany over firefox,
but things change over the years (the problems I have with Epiphany,
do'nt get fixed, whereas the problems I have with firefox are getting
fixed more and more).

So I am tempted to switch to Firefox, at least try it for a couple
weeks.

Problem: how can I move the URL (adress bar) history, and bookmarks,
from Epiphany to Firefox (version 3.0, in Hardy) ?
I did see this "Import" menu item in Firefox, but it says it fails to
see anything to import ! EPiphany is quite well known, so I am
surprised it ignores Epiphany ?! :-/

So I guess I must do ity manually, by copying Epiphany's history and
bookmark files, into Firefox, but I don't know what files to put where
exatly, nor if the two browser use the same file format, to start
with ! :-/

Any help/experience gratefully received :-)

--
Vince