-   -   Update tool scan for new packages (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/90493-update-tool-scan-new-packages.html)

stan 05-18-2008 04:15 PM

Update tool scan for new packages

after I upgraded to 8.04, I noticed that when I invoke the update tool from
the icon, it insists on scanning for new updates every time. Since the icon
only appears when the update tool already knows that there are new updates,
why was this behavior changes?

And can I revert back to the old behavior?

programs.