Old 05-18-2008, 03:40 PM
Gary Kirkpatrick

Default partitioning hard drive

Installing from the CD, it will partition your hard drive. It will tell you which areas it is going to partition. Does it pick areas where there is no data- free space?

Thanks

Gary

Old 05-19-2008, 08:42 PM
"Callum Scott"

there should be an option to use contiguous free space which will set
up the partitions in the largest part of un partitioned hard disk.
I think that's what your looking for.

it won't use free space that is all ready in a partition.

gparted is very good at resizing existing partitions

Old 05-20-2008, 07:46 PM
"Gary Kirkpatrick"

I partitioned the hard drive- first time I had done this- and all seemingly went well.* Thanks for the help!

Old 05-23-2008, 06:53 AM
"PEDRO MACANAS VALVERDE"

>Installing from the CD, it will partition your hard drive. It will tell you which areas it is going to partition.

I prefer not include a swap partion (only use a hard disk without any partition), because I have an "old" computer. It is a good think I can select which partitions to create (but when I installed Ubuntu in my USB memory stick I could not select create one partition, because it created a swap partition and other ones).

Regards.