Old 05-18-2008, 08:38 AM
Andrea Monaco

Default Ghost space

My hard disk has a total space of 160 GB.

The 'Disk Usage Analyzer' (Accessories) tells me that my total filesystem capacity is of 291.5 GB instead. Why?

Windows Live Mail Controlla i tuoi account di posta con un unico programma, GRATIS!

Old 05-18-2008, 09:05 AM
Mario Vukelic

On Sun, 2008-05-18 at 10:38 +0200, Andrea Monaco wrote:
> My hard disk has a total space of 160 GB.
>
> The 'Disk Usage Analyzer' (Accessories) tells me that my total
> filesystem capacity is of 291.5 GB instead. Why?

Do you have any external disks attached? The total capacity that is
given in the default view is a summary of all available disks and
partitions.

Old 05-18-2008, 11:45 AM
Karl Larsen

Andrea Monaco wrote:
> My hard disk has a total space of 160 GB.
>
> The 'Disk Usage Analyzer' (Accessories) tells me that my total filesystem capacity is of 291.5 GB instead. Why?

> Una cena tra amici? Cerca il ristorante con Live Search Maps
> http://maps.live.it

Your results are interesting too. I am finding errors with that
system as well.

Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

Old 05-18-2008, 08:39 PM
NoOp

On 05/18/2008 01:38 AM, Andrea Monaco wrote:
> My hard disk has a total space of 160 GB.
>
> The 'Disk Usage Analyzer' (Accessories) tells me that my total
> filesystem capacity is of 291.5 GB instead. Why?

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/baobab/+bug/121168

Note:
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/baobab/+bug/121168/comments/5>
<quote>
Not a bug: in preferences, we can choose if gvfs is included in the stat
or not. If we don't check the case, baobab show correctly the stats.
</quote>