Old 11-30-2007, 09:29 AM
AlgoMantra

Default bluetooth, obexftp problems

On Gutsy, I can now successfully transfer files from
my Ubuntu to my Nokia N70 phone, which says the
devices are paired. This worked like a dream!

but when I do
~$obexftp -b
it says
Using** 00:1B:EE:04:AD:61****** DJ Fadereu

Failed to connect to SDP server: File descriptor in bad state

What does that mean? Because I'd also like to get files from my
phone to my "machine".

Thank god Windows is history.
I'm reborn!! Long live, Ubuntu!

*
------- * *-.-
1/f * ))) *--.
------- * *...
http://www.algomantra.com

Old 11-30-2007, 10:40 AM
"Onkar Shinde"

On Nov 30, 2007 3:59 PM, AlgoMantra <algomantra@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Gutsy, I can now successfully transfer files from
> my Ubuntu to my Nokia N70 phone, which says the
> devices are paired. This worked like a dream!
>
> but when I do
> ~$obexftp -b
> it says
> Using 00:1B:EE:04:AD:61 DJ Fadereu
> Failed to connect to SDP server: File descriptor in bad state
>
> What does that mean? Because I'd also like to get files from my
> phone to my "machine".
>
> Thank god Windows is history.
> I'm reborn!! Long live, Ubuntu!

If you want to go tried and tested way then install package
gnome-bluetooth, start the obex server from Accessories menu and then
send files from phone to PC.

If you want to try more modern but a bit unstable method then install
package gnome-vfs-obexftp, logout and login and then enter obex:// in
nautilus bar. Then you can browse your phone and copy files to-fro.

Onkar

Don't ask why - the reason is the same.

Old 11-30-2007, 10:43 AM
AlgoMantra

If you want to go tried and tested way then install package
gnome-bluetooth, start the obex server from Accessories menu and then

send files from phone to PC.

If you want to try more modern but a bit unstable method then install
package gnome-vfs-obexftp, logout and login and then enter obex:// in
nautilus bar. Then you can browse your phone and copy files to-fro.

Thanks Onkar...gnome-bluetooth was already working fine. But I wanted
to be able to browse my memory card on the Phone from Ubuntu. I'll try your second
method.

--

http://www.algomantra.com