Old 05-17-2008, 08:32 PM
Karl Larsen

Default Snakeoil Key Generation and Common Name

Jorge Luis wrote:
> I'm doing a fresh install of Hardy over Gutsy, formatting all
> partitions. The snakeoil keys that are generated during the
> installation are picking up the Common Name from an old bogus domain
> name that I used in an earlier installation. I need the snakeoil keys
> to reflect my new fqdn.
>
> Where is openssl picking up the old information? Remember, this is a
> clean install with everything formatted.
>
> Thanks for any help.

You can't update Gutsy if you format the hard drive. This is just a
clean install of Hardy then. Where the old things come from is a
mystery. What did you use to format the partition?

Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

Old 05-18-2008, 03:48 PM
Jorge Luis

On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 04:20:13PM -0400, Jorge Luis wrote:
> I'm doing a fresh install of Hardy over Gutsy, formatting all
> partitions. The snakeoil keys that are generated during the
> installation are picking up the Common Name from an old bogus domain
> name that I used in an earlier installation. I need the snakeoil keys
> to reflect my new fqdn.
>
> Where is openssl picking up the old information? Remember, this is a
> clean install with everything formatted.
>
> Thanks for any help.

Well, I figured out that it was picking up the old domain name from the
router settings. Sorry for the noise.

JL

--
Jorge Luis <lists@jorge.cc>