Old 05-17-2008, 07:38 PM
Alain Muls

Default thunderbird reply is odd

Hi ubuntu-users,

Every time I use thunderbird to reply to a message to this group, I
select the part to which I want to respond and select the reply button.
I always expect that only the selected part will be in the new editor
window, but I always have everything in there.

How can one have thunderbird only copy that part that you selected when
performing a reply of forward of the message.

Tx/Alain

Old 05-19-2008, 03:48 PM
"Tommy Trussell"

On 5/17/08, Alain Muls <alain.muls@telenet.be> wrote:
> How can one have thunderbird only copy that part that you selected when
> performing a reply of forward of the message.

just like in Gmail, click reply and THEN edit the message to eliminate
the parts you want to remove.