Old 05-17-2008, 04:56 PM
"Flavio Costa"

Default Problems with nm-applet

Hey,

I currently experiencing some weird problem.
Right after I login to GNOME the NetworkManager applet show either two small computers, as if was connected to a wired network and I'm not, or it shows those little bars that shows the signal strenght when I'm connected to a WiFi network. That would be fine if I was actually connected to any network, but I'm not!

Those bars appears even when NetworkManager is still trying to connect to the AP (exchanging keys, IPs, etc...) and this stage I should have not those little bars but that pretty icon showing me that NetworkManager is working on getting connected.

Does anyone has, by any chance, idea of what's happening? I've considered formating and installing again, but I'd rather fix it.

Don't know if that would be any helpful but I tried to configure a PPPoE access once and it didn't work, can this break my nm-applet?

Thanks in advance for your reply.
--
Flávio Coutinho da Costa