-   -   kmail default browser (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/900-kmail-default-browser.html)

James Takac 11-19-2007 10:03 PM

kmail default browser

Hi Guys

I know I managed to find out how to do this when I had feisty installed but
now can't find the info on how to get kmail to launch firefox from a link in
the email instead of konqueror. Anyone know how to set up firefox as kmails
default link handeler?

James

Bruce Marshall 11-19-2007 10:18 PM

kmail default browser

On Monday 19 November 2007, James Takac wrote:
> I know I managed to find out how to do this when I had feisty installed but
> now can't find the info on how to get kmail to launch firefox from a link
> in the email instead of konqueror. Anyone know how to set up firefox as
> kmails default link handeler?

settings --> KDE Components --> File Associations --> text --> html

Move firefox up in the list.

James Takac 11-19-2007 11:57 PM

kmail default browser

On Tuesday 20 November 2007 09:18:29 Bruce Marshall wrote:
> On Monday 19 November 2007, James Takac wrote:
> > I know I managed to find out how to do this when I had feisty installed
> > but now can't find the info on how to get kmail to launch firefox from a
> > link in the email instead of konqueror. Anyone know how to set up firefox
> > as kmails default link handeler?
>
> settings --> KDE Components --> File Associations --> text --> html
>

> Move firefox up in the list.

Hi Bruce

Are you in gnome as I am or in kde? That's certainly not under settings in
kmail or firefox. Ok, found it. It was in konqueror and did the trick.

thx
James

niel 11-20-2007 01:06 AM

kmail default browser

K-menu - settings - KDE Components - File Associations - text - html :-)

Signature: www.minihowto.org (A site with some small manuals for linux

James Takac 11-20-2007 02:17 AM

kmail default browser

On Tuesday 20 November 2007 12:06:37 niel wrote:
> K-menu - settings - KDE Components - File Associations - text - html :-)
>
> Signature: www.minihowto.org (A site with some small manuals for linux
>
> newbies) :-)On Tuesday 20 November 2007 01.57.26 James Takac wrote:
> > >
> > > settings --> KDE Components --> File Associations --> text -->
> > > html
> > >

> > > Move firefox up in the list.
> >
> > Hi Bruce
> >
> > Are you in gnome as I am or in kde? That's certainly not under settings
> > in kmail or firefox. Ok, found it. It was in konqueror and did the trick.
> >
> > thx
> > James

Hi Niel

I obviously don't have k-menu installed? I was trying to find it in
Configuration Editor but couldn't. Howevr have found it via konqueror going
via

settings -> configure konqueror -> file associations -> text -> html

and moving firefox to first place. Am guessing this should work regardless of
what menu software is installed assuming konqueror is. And I believe std
install installs it by default

James