Old 08-04-2008, 06:31 PM
Pastor JW

Default Dual Booting

On Monday 04 August 2008 10:53:30 am Ulin the Tech Mage wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-08-04 at 14:44 -0300, Derek Broughton wrote:
>
> I tend to agree, but it has been a long time since i set up a dual boot
> system.

I still have one, but it is a three position harddrive switch so it is only
used from a cold boot. It has Amiga XL, Unix Sys V Rel 4, and Mandriva on
it. In the past five years only Mandiva has ever been booted. On the other
hand, I HAVE used the ESC menu to boot into the older kernel when whatever
version it was broke my wireless and sound. Not hard, even I was able to do
it! Still is not that different from a dual boot GRUB menu? On my Amiga
setup, GRUB allows me to either boot into Amiga or into QNX which also allows
me to run Amiga as a task. I must say I set it to boot to QNX as default as
the resolution was better. I have watched windoze users over the years and
have never want to be one, ...I have enough aggravation in my life without
adding what I've seen others having to deal with in windoze, to the mix!

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n>< * PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org