Old 05-16-2008, 10:21 PM
"yueyu lin"

Default My Emacs lost the ability to highlight the syntaxes in 8.04

When I finish the fresh new installing of Ubuntu 8.04, my emacs including emacs 22 and emacs snapshot lost the highlighting syntaxes ability. While the xemacs's highlighting still works well.
My home directory is reserved so all of my other emacs plugins are still there.

I mainly use the XRef and have a lot of c projects. The XRef is still there but I feel very uncomfortable without the syntax highlighting.
Does anyone meet the same problem and how to solve it? Thanks in advance.

Yueyu Lin

Old 05-17-2008, 08:13 AM
Florian Diesch

"yueyu lin" <popeyelin@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 3:21 PM, yueyu lin <popeyelin@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> When I finish the fresh new installing of Ubuntu 8.04, my emacs including
>> emacs 22 and emacs snapshot lost the highlighting syntaxes ability. While
>> the xemacs's highlighting still works well.
>> My home directory is reserved so all of my other emacs plugins are still
>> there.
>> I mainly use the XRef and have a lot of c projects. The XRef is still there
>> but I feel very uncomfortable without the syntax highlighting.
>> Does anyone meet the same problem and how to solve it? Thanks in advance.

Works fine here in emacs-snapshot-gtk

> It's really strange. I have to enable the syntax highlighting by "M-x
> font-lock-mode" every time I open my emacs. I can't enable it in .emacs. It
> should be a conflict with other el files.

Maybe some of your settings don't work with the new version. Look at
the *Messages* buffer if there's some error somewhere.

Florian
--
<http://www.florian-diesch.de/>